It is a barren land for harvesting in the ROK . Too few and too scattered.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-steelblueangel, Nov 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

I think its not too bad IF you have a way of getting your run speed bonus over 60%
    I was running around at 85/95% at the weekend and that solved the problem of sparse nodes and aggro mobs :)
  2. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

steelblueangel wrote:
    Umm .. I think you are wrong. I have also explored all the overland zones while using my harvesting settings and a divining rod. I was mapping out the blue collection spawns and covered just about every area I could find. Sure the nodes seem a little low, but I dont think it is as bad as people make it seem.

The density in Kylong plains and Fens is low. Outside of that there are some good harvesting spots for various types of nodes, you will need to dodge aggro and/or do some killing, but the nodes are there.. Kunzar has a high density of nodes throughout most of the zone. It also seems to have a high number of collection spawns but as with any jungle zone it can be hard to see any of it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

Yep, loads of roots, dens, logs... I'm just having a time trying to find many ores or geodes outside of Skyfire Mountains.
  4. ARCHIVED-steelblueangel Guest

When I read here that stated crafters are finding the resources plentiful in ROK I am astounded, since the resources in ROK are not plentiful. The resources to harvest are scattered out and are few and far between.
    The available resources may be fine for profit harvesters but for the crafters that have more than one tradeskiller (I have 5 and my husband has 4) the resources are NOT plentiful nor practical. To gather enough resources to support crafting sessions for 9 crafters would take hours upon hours, and possibly a couple of days in ROK with the limited nodes.
    Someone stated that ROK is a new ball game altogether and if that is the case, then the lack of harvesting materials has placed the crafters on the bench to watch the game instead of participating in it. If ROK had been released without content for soloers, groups, and especially raiders the forums would have been overflowing with complaints; thus, crafters should be given as much opportunity to pursue their tradeskills with proper content to harvest to pursue their tradeskills. Harvesting one node then having to search large areas for the next one is not proper harvesting content; instead, it is unecessary time sink that places undue restraints upon the true crafters.
    Asking for more nodes to harvest is not an unreasonable request. Harvesting for hours on end with little to show for it is unreasonable and frustrating.
  5. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Editedmind wrote:
    In my exploring there was two spots in Jag waste that I made mental note of which had a good supply of ore. Each one had some aggro issues, but MOB density was low. There is also the mines in kylong and Fens which are not too bad, but cant dodge aggro in there.
  6. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

Ahh, you're right, I wasn't thinking about having enough nodes for 9 crafters... /boggle

I tend to consider having more than 10 nodes in one screen to be more than plentiful. Unless you're playing on a PvP server, you're probably running into an issue of people safely competing with eachother for nodes, greatly reducing the amount you're seeing. On the other hand I've gone through several areas where I've gotten around 20 pelt nodes in under 10 minutes, the same goes for roots and bushes, and for lumber it's usually about 50 nodes in 10 minutes.
  7. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    Aye, I usually fly to Skleross Camp, there's a few nodes, then either run around the Skyfire Mountains, or that area near the Howling Stones. But compared to getting about 20 roots up and down Traitor Pass, it's still a bit of a pain.
  8. ARCHIVED-Crw Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    When I took my lvl 70 necro/70 sage to Kylong Plains I was also disappointed with the apparent shortage of harvesting nodes. I did the solo quests and simultaneously harvested anything I ran into until he hit adventure lvl 71 and I went home to Neriak to do some crafting. I didn't expect the meager-looking amount of raws I had collected to go very far, but was pleasantly surprised that the tier 8 recipes (at least for sage) don't suck up vast amounts of raws as in the previous tier or 2, and by the time my vitality ran out 2% short of lvl 71 I had in fact used up very little of what I'd collected, and reckoned I still had enough left for another couple of levels. If I continue in the same way, harvesting as I solo, it will be the vitality cap holding me back (I refuse to craft without vitality) rather than any shortage of raws.
    I can understand the frustration of someone going out solely to harvest tho, as there does seem to be vast empty spaces between nodes.
    So far I have found one rare - a mahogany- which I found next to the ruins right by Kylong Docks, so they are present there, and just bad luck if others haven't found any in that area.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

Proudfoot wrote:
    Speaking of the Drachnid cave, there are alot of people who are abusing the quest that gives you the Drachnid illusion (thus making you NON kos) in order to harvest nodes from other people in there fairly killing mobs in order to get to the nodes.
    The illusion breaks if you cast a normal spell but not when you harvest the nodes, which is causing issues for people who are legitimately trying to harvest in there by clearing mobs to get to the nodes.

I found this out when I got the quest and started looking for the cacoon.. I went to harvest and a mob walked up upon me and I waited for my untimely interrupt of my harvesting and then the spider literally walked over me. All the time prior I had wondered how people were passing up the mobs to get the the nodes before I did.

This really need to be fixed so that the harvesting of nodes breaks the illusion like other spell casting does.
  10. ARCHIVED-Svetlanavera Guest

zaneluke wrote:
    This is the problem, right here. Crafting is supposed to be a viable profession in this game. Originally it was touted that you could be a crafter, an adventurer, or a combination of both but if you just wanted to craft and not go out to kill the big mobs you could do so. This is no longer a viable option.

Making it so we have to fight mobs to get to the nodes nullifies this option unless you have a higher level character to go out and harvest for you. You could buy the harvests off the broker but again you would need a higher level adventure character to earn money to make those purchases.

Between the way the nodes are laid out and the under-abundance in RoK and the new treasured questable armor, crafting is dying a slow and painful death. Outfitters are no longer a viable crafting phylum due to the new dropped and quested treasured armor being better than even MC. If we can no longer even harvest our own nodes the true crafter (not crafter/adventurer) will die.
  11. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

I haven't really been able to kill any mobs, obviously. I still don't see the problem here, in fact, I would go as far to say that at least it's not as bad as KoS!

I remember that place being extremely bad, with mobs all around every corner and camping the nodes. As far as rares go I've harvested 14 or 15 mantrap, 4 incarnadine clusters, 4 hidebound pelts, 3 loams, 2 mahogany, 1 emerald. I didn't once expect to be able to walk off the boat at Kylong and be greeted with fields of nodes all neatly stacked side by side to fuel my crafting frenzy, with there being plenty for all, even those running about 10 characters, and those getting raws for their entire guild or their cousins... Frankly, I'm quite shocked that people who've gotten through 8 tiers are actually making a problem out of this. I cannot remember a single zone that had more than maybe 10 nodes bunched close together before meeting an aggro mob, and those so-called fields weren't too large either...

It's barely been a week so I wouldn't start complaining about the lack of nodes until you've checked out all the zones and had a good look around.
  12. ARCHIVED-Wintersheart Guest

Morning,
    I'm not finding the nodes sparse in RoK but I am finding it practically impossible to generate enough raws for my carpenter in a reasonable amount of time. The reason is that I spend more time fighting mobs around the nodes than I do harvesting the nodes.
    I'm a casual player, I often only get bouts of 15-30 mins of play time and sometimes just want to use it to chill out and go harvest for my carpenter. Instead at the end of 30 mins I have a minimal amount of harvested items but have enough kill notches in my belt that I'm notching the other side of it. I would say out of 30 mins I spend 20 mins killing and 5-10 mins harvesting if I'm lucky. Admitedly I'm a mystic so I don't kill very fast.
    Wintersheart
  13. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

Svetlanavera wrote:
    I do not want to be harsh, this is just how I feel. I honestly think crafting should NOT be a viable class and should be a minimal part of the game. I would like to see teh devs put forth efforts for expanding other parts of the game.

I have a two 70 toons 3 70 crafters.

I feel that crafting and prices of raws and rares promote the plat farmer seller. I want to see the game move away from crafting being a super profitable way of game playing.
  14. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

zaneluke wrote:
    Curious, since you mention the RMT, do you also support all loot being no-trade? And the end of collections?
  15. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

Plat farmers sell Master I spells, status items, collections, and raws. The amount of gold generated by raws is minimal compared to the rest...

If people only have 20 minutes to play they can't expect to get very far, it's never been the case before, and I am surprised that people find the node placement should conform to their playstyle like this, but it's not been a problem in the past?

I know the game was originally marketed as having viable crafter-only characters, but they also said we'd get super hot sexy armor, guild halls, and a bunch of other stuff we've never seen. You guys don't really mean to say that you've never noticed in the three years you've been playing?

I do agree that they need to fix the unreachable and floating nodes, but otherwise I don't see a problem with node placement and quantity. There are a few nice and easy spots for every type of node you need, as long as you know where to look. You may have to dodge some mobs here and there, but in my experience, that's no different than it's been since the launch of the game, and it's part of the challenge.
  16. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

Cadori Seraphim wrote:
    Summoners can harvest while their pet fights something.

Let me say that again.

Summoners can harvest while their pet fights something!

Until *that* is fixed, leave the frakkin spider disguise alone.
  17. ARCHIVED-steelblueangel Guest

Some ppl have stated that the nodes are plenty you just have to have a high run speed to get from node to node; hence, if you need run speed to travel to a node then there are not enough of nodes to harvest, this proves that the nodes are scattered and sparse. Run speed is for distance travel and that is exactly what one has to do, run a great distance in between each harvest to find the next which means there are not enough items to harvest since one has to run and hunt the next node as if it were a hidden easter egg. A tradeskiller should not have to have run speed just to run from one end of the zone to the other to find a couple of items to harvest. This is not acceptable and is a wasted time sink, that could have been used either in adventure time or in tradeskilling.
    Many ppl do not have a high run speed most only travel 40 to 45% run speed and that is slow compared to others that have really fast mounts. So, what I am hearing here is that those that can run very fast will have the best opportunity to reach the harvesting items and those that run slower will be left wanting with little to show for the time spent looking for the harvesting material. My toon is level 74 now I run very fast and I have seen little harvesting items in all of the zones and I had run in each one of the zones before I posted here.
    Some have stated that the lower kylong is lacking but the other zones have more harvest items. My question is why? Some have posted here that have lower level toons and cannot harvest in the other areas outside of kylong. One would think that kylong would have more not less for tradeskillers to harvest just for that reason.
    What I really don't understand is why would anyone that crafts not want the lands to be bountiful in plenty with harvesting material; instead of, the barren lands that are so lacking in nodes. This is just beyond my understanding as to how any true crafter could find this acceptable. Each time I check this post I am so baffled by those that are satisfied with the current state of the harvest zones in the new expansion. When I adventure I want enough to kill, when I harvest I want enough nodes to gather so that i can have a crafting session not a stop and start due to running out of material.
    The lack of items to harvest appears to be an omen to the future of crafting first with barren haresting lands and then lands barren of tradeskillers who gave up on crafting.
  18. ARCHIVED-Editedmind Guest

You don't need run speed to harvest out there. You can easily harvest just as should have been doing through all the other tiers, by dodging mobs. You talk about the future of crafting, but the truth is, that the more nodes there are, the less of a future there is... In another thread somebody pointed out that lots of people kept on ******** and whining that tradeskills were too hard, we got what we deserved, it's now extremely simple and quick to level but all of our products are absolutely worthless.

You want more nodes? You want more rares and raws floating about at next to nothing on the broker, fueling millions of weekend crafters, and ultimately making the stuff far too common and far less desirable?

If the nodes were rare it would be a good thing for the true crafters, the ones who know how to optimize their success at all costs, but that isn't the case. Nodes are plentiful in several parts of most zones. Skleross Camp, Forgotten Village, Temple of the Red Lord/White Lady, Howling Stones, Terrens Grasp, River to Fens on Nathsar, all these places and more are easy to reach for a character of any level that has a little patience, all of these and more will give you an abundance in nodes.
  19. ARCHIVED-Signal9 Guest

steelblueangel wrote:
    Where to start.
    Okay. Because people like to have fast run sped, this proves that there are too few resources? Please elucidate, as your causal relationship is based on little more than circular logic and strawmen.

Your toon is lvl 74, and you have seen few nodes? Huh? I'm sorry, I've just hit lvl 74, made 79 sage, harvested all the commons I need for 70-79, harvested enough to supply guildmates with raws, and scored 12+ assorted rares from the ground. Nodes are everywhere.
    Lower Kylong lacking but other zones have more nodes? Not really, but you may perceive it as such, as each KP has 100+, and Fens...etc have under 50 in each, you will see more nodes where there are less folks harvesting them.

You want enough to last through a crafting session? Have you even looked at the new raw req's on your recipe's? Much less than t7.
  20. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

Deson wrote:
    To compare dropped loot to crafted and harvested stuff is comparing apples to oranges and you know it. Dont try to draw me down some line of conversation that you already have a canned response for.

Yes. i think all the good loot should be no trade. If it cant be used then hopefully there is a muter in the group that can transmute the stuff.

NO you can not make the game 100% no trade, that is silly. But yes you can make the game so less heavily dependent on crafting that promotes farming to the point of making the game less enjoyable for the ADVENTURER.

for example, guy named "thanks: on everfrost is using the spider suit to harvest nose in the caves. and as of last night he/she had 60 rares on broker. Lev 65 wizard in mastercrafted gear.

Mastercrafted gear made by crafters.
    No class pieces at all no legendary stuff that i saw.
    Hording the caves to make tons of plat for what?

Collection items. Should be no trade. simple. just my opinion.

There is no reason to make gobs of cash in this game.