Issues with Makeshift Arrows

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Nevao, Mar 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Makeshift Arrows has the following issues. To verify them I dropped several pieces of gear to get my crit chance below 100% which may make several of the damage numbers seem lower than expected. I tested with Makeshift V.
    1. Makeshift Arrows is hitting for less than specified in the examine window. My the Tooltip and Examine window show that it inflicts 836 damage but non-crit hits are doing 763 damage. The difference (73 points of damage) is what I understand to be the "available" Ability Modifier for the Proc Style Abilities (220/3 = 73.33...).
    2. Makeshift Arrows is using the Base Spell Crit multiplier instead of the Base Melee Crit mulitplier. My crit hits are for 1106. 1106/764 = 1.45 (well really 1.4495...). Discounting Ranged Mastery, I have 15 Crit Bonus on my char. 5 from the KoS line, 5 from gear and 5 from the TSO line.
    3. Makeshift Arrows appears to not be counting a Ranged ability (which I think is directly tied to point 2) which would prevent Ranged Mastery working on it.
    I bugged the first two points shortly after launch.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

This is all below 80% to factor out opening volley.
    1. Stripped of armor 'Makeshift Arrows V' examined says it will do 352 damage. The regular hits were hitting for 352, critting for 493. So with nothing equipped it seems to work 'properly'
    With all my gear/buffs on the examine says 1040. Regular hits were hitting for 892 and crits were 1602. Crit bonus was 49.6. 1602/892 = 1.79, more proof for it using spell crit bonus. So either the examine window is wrong in the damage it shows, or the skill itself isn't doing enough damage.
    2. Again stripped of armor Crticals were hitting for 493 and regular hits for 352. 493/352 = 1.4, still have 10 crit bonus, so clearly using spell crit bonus base.
    So I was able to confirm what Nevao is saying.
    Makeshift arrows still need to be marked to use melee crit bonus, and marked as a 'ranged' ability so it can take advantage of ranged mastery.
  3. ARCHIVED-Runewind Guest

In addition, it seems to dispell when we die? It's a self-only until cancelled buff. I thought all of those were supposed to persist through death.