Issues with coercer summoned pet

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Purrako, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Purrako Active Member

Some how my PE pet is getting attacked by NPCs we are not fighting.
    Currently I am doing the quests in Obol.
    I first noticed the issue when non-agro wisps around the tribulion (however it is spelled) would attack my pet while we were fighting the Horde there.
    At first I thought my pet was casting an AoE of some kind. So I dismissed it and summoned one using myself since I really only have 1 AoE, shockwave.
    Still had the same issue with the wisps randomly adding to the fights with the Horde.
    I check ACT, the pet is not casting shockwave and neither am I.
    So I think maybe while my AE auto is low, it is possible I'm accidently hitting the wisps and my threat buffs are sending them to the pet.
    I dismiss pet, turn on singular focus, resummons pet based on me and try again.
    By this time I was ready to turn in the last of the things you put in the soil pot which causes a shamble to spawn that you must kill.
    The pet and I engage the shamble. Mid way through the fight 3 NPCs from the camp start attacking my pet.
    I would post the log, but it exceeds the 10k character limit (tried several times, trimming out stuff each time). Admittedly I am a complete novice with ACT so could very well be a way to output what I want and it would fit here, but I can't figure that bit out so will attempt to use screen shots somehow.

He is a list of all the incoming damage done to the shambler

[IMG]

Nothing I see there should AoE if singular focus is on (if I understand the spells correctly...maybe not though)
    No damage to the 3 NPCs appears in the logs until after the shambler is dead. This is where my pet tried to defend herself from the attacking NPCs before I dismissed her.

However the 1st of the 3 NPCs starts to hit my pet about midway through the shambler fight.

[IMG]

What is the cause of this and how can I prevent it?

While here it was easy to just run away, I could see the wrong NPC being aggroed like this causing major problems.
  2. Purrako Active Member

I think I discovered the cause of my issue in a later fight.
    While it did not appear in parse of the fight with the shambler I did see a spell today that would explain the getting of adds so often.
    Heroic opportunity rare trigger Arcane Storm is an AoE.
  3. Purrako Active Member

Well turns out that was not the cause.
    Removed the heroic opportunity starter from my hotbar.
    Still randomly getting adds of non-aggressive mobs when using myself as the basis of the PE pet.
    Not often, maybe 1 in 15 encounters. So it is proving to be near impossible for me to pin down the cause.
  4. Droll Active Member

Most likely cause, ae auto.

However, I was actually unaware the pets class was based on the target. Was supprised to see my pet casting zerker abilities one day rifling through ACT.

Unfortunatly enchanters cannot look at thier pets stats like a summoner. But summoner pets melee abilities ARE NOT AFFECTED by the player's stats, last time I checked. So you hitting single focus should have no affect on your pet.
    Purrako likes this.