Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Satyr, Apr 16, 2019.
Thread to compile all post-DoF issues.
Half of the DoF items "require KoS" expansion. Even items that are definitely DoF and not KoS (or higher).
Heroic mobs have far too much HP without blue stats atm.
- Mystic and defiler wards have no PVP templates and do not scale
- Guardian reinforcements doesn't work in PVP (should be force taunt)
- Berserker insolence doesn't work in PVP (should be force taunt)
- Assassin and Ranger CC (cheap shot, hilt strike) should be doubled in duration
- Guardian hold the line doesn't work in PVP (please add passive taunt like on beta)
- Warrior unyielding will doesn't see to be proccing in PVP
HP pools are a bit too deep but I don't think it's completely off to buff the given how fast contested would drop otherwise.
- Both Gibe and Reinforcements do nothing in PvP. On original Nagafen and on deathtoll both of those spells were integral to Berserker's and Guardian's kits.
I have not confirmed it but some players have reported that Paladin's Sigil does work in pvp. The crusader meta is already stale, please allow warriors to bring their own flair to group pvp.
-feel free to readd threat in the pvp template for Innoruuk's Caress as well.
-PVP Mitigation is still too high
-Look into to brawler damage values because they are basically useless
What's the ETA on these Kingdom of Sky tags getting removed from gear? This kind of stuff needs to be hot fixed. If we have to wait 1/4 the duration of the entire expansion to be able to equip some of this gear it would be really annoying.
What is QC?
It's been mentioned before, but generally the classes who have been hit hardest by the global CC change are the weakest in PVP, so it's been a bit of a double hit. Not expecting adjustments at the micro level but if I had to put out a wish list it would look something like:
Stunning Roar - Casting 2 to 0.5
Demolish - Duration 2 to 6
Silent Palm - Duration 2 to 6
Instill Panic - Duration 2.5 to 4
Instill Panic - Duration 2.5 to 4
Winds of Velious - Duration 0.8 to 10 (0.8 second snare is a little silly)
Velium Winds - Duration 3.3 to 10
Spirits - Duration 1.7 to 4
Bria's Entrancing Sonnet - Duration 9 to 4 cast time 2.25 to 4 (A 9 second charm with a 30 second recast is just obnoxious)
Wasn't able to get direct feedback from a defiler, inquisitor or templar but I also know the durations and cast times for ancient terror and terror chant (defiler), awestruck and harmony (templar) and incarcerate, disorientation and tormenting conversion (inquisitor) are an issue.
Ancient terror, tormenting conversion and terror chant would be fair at a duration of 4. Awestruck should be at PVE cast time and have a duration of about 4. Incarcerate should be at about 6. Harmony should be aligned to the other emergencies (4 seconds).
As mentioned above, both hilt strike and cheap shot should be increased in PVP too to allow for classes like assassins to execute positionals properly.
Also would consider buffing paladin damage please. You've put their heals in the dirt, and now its next to impossible to survive long enough to kill anyone.
Item balance way off. Lack of stats makes everything completely vanilla. Possible to add blue stats to fabled/legendary to differentiate from treasured? Healing is a bit overboard for summoners, dirges and druids - dirges and summoners heal like healers!.
Coercer mob pets are bugged they drop to 1 hp when charmed since the launch of DOF
Hmm where to start.
The poster to get bounties that the NPC gives you, it would be great if it was just like the old system and allow you to pick up the daily without having to run back to the npc, so you can get it anywhere without having to go back to town. Also being able to trade the tokens and get a crossbow in one day is kinda silly. I just had like eight people kill a target, had them trade me the tokens and I had the crossbow without ever really having to try to get it. The reward is also pretty busted, 10% Reuse on a server with zero other bluestats is absolutely insane.
Regarding pvp rewards in general, it would be nice if the tokens either got a new reward, or you allowed us to purchase masters or other rewards with the tokens. Right now once players have the crossbow, which most do given people are just making 10-12 accounts and killing their main toons after the disco xp cheese fiasco.
You guys nerfed player CC down to a point where it's almost useless, I find myself stunning someone for less than a random piece of proc gear which is extremely infuriating as I'm playing an illusionist. Don't get me wrong player CC is doing something, but when you can attack someone with every piece and then get feared for eight seconds, then stunned by another piece of gear right after; it's ruining the game. I already find proc gear to be silly as it doesn't create an even playing field in PVP combat. You will have a very hard time defeating a group with full proc gear versus a group without, when pvp should be enabling skill; not gear with insane procs. Example below.
Basically impossible to pvp without one right now, the heal output they are doing isn't relative to how much damage we are doing. It's a serious hinder to really any group right now to bother bringing a cleric/shaman as a solo healer compared to a druid. I can spike down a cleric/shaman with ease compared to a druid. This argument is as old as pvp that druids are insane healers, but they are really insane right now. An entire group looking at ACT with one healer, and no tank was pushing 1200dps, and the druid was healing for 1k hps. If we had another healer and a tank it would be near impossible to burn a healer.
Your bot put items at level 51/52 stronger than really anything else in tier, looking at raid helmets; a mob that I can solo in Living Tombs is dropping a better hat than raid hats. In general everything just feels boring, you offer nothing but spell skills when I'm not getting resisted at all, the only other part of that is a small bit to the low end of my spells, but it comes at such an insanely large curve that getting another 2-3 spell skills is something I genuinely don't care about. You also added a crossbow which uses offensive skills instead of focus, so I now have to decide between my auto hitting or getting a small increase to the low end of my spells. In general itemization also fails to really reward players in this tier, we killed barakah and the best item we got was a 32 stat charm item, no slayer gear, one master, and a few charms that were equivalent to Poets Palace gear, I don't know if you plan on people just not raiding, but it feels pointless past getting healer offhand, DMP loot, and peacock updates. The Int bonus is fairly negligible as i'm breaking 65% right now and have no chance of going over the soft cap to continue, maybe if I had ring/pris 2/flash/potm up, even then it's such a small increase it's not enticing. Here is an example:
Seems fine in DoF, but when you guys launched this expansion it now takes longer to kill things in the T5 content than it does to clear content in DoF which is confusing. I'd take a look at what happened, and adjust accordingly. In general it seems like things have a bit of HP on this server, seeing as how it's a month long, i'd like for raids to be a good 3 hours to clear everything once, that way if someone wants to double clear and raid the extra day they can. With that I would consider adding double loot for raids given the timeframe.
Mental Breach seems to be overtuned right now, a group with a few poison users can absolutely just demolish someones power right now, it makes fighting without a rogue/predator a serious handicap especially considering...
Prismatic 2 Weapons:
The tank weapon is overtuned right now, it can hit all six targets in a group and stack like curse of darkness, which means it's going to do around 7k damage to a group if it lands on one target, per user of the sword; if a swash was to aoe and land the proc on every member of the group it would just multiply like curse, menaing 7k is now 7k x6, I haven't gotten the sword to test if it was broken on this server, but it was working that way on Fallen Gate. This means if I was to just stack a tank, bard, rogue, druid, and have four sword I could easily burn an entire group and have 40-50% of our groupwide damage coming from the sword alone. The sword was pushing 2-3k dps on Fallen Gate on encounter fights, pushing troubs into the warlock tier of encounter damage. Just proccing it on one person it would do 6,840 damage before resists to the group cumulatively. If it's anything like prismatic shard was before it was balanced; it's gonna be a problem.
It would be nice if the drop rate on these things could be increased given how players are only using the spells that they currently possess for a month or two given the spell tier. I think I should be able to master out a toon with relative ease because I only have a month before 20 of my spells become outdated.
I'm sure I missed a few things but this is the things that I find of most importance on the server currently.
1. Shaman and Cleric heals are in a terrible place for PVP. 5 second casts for a literal fraction of the potential group healing that a 3 second cast group druid heal can heal for is unacceptable.
Shaman and Cleric group heals need to apply their affects individually to each member the same way druid heals do. NOT SHARED ACROSS THE GROUP (then tune accordingly).
2. PVP heals need to be tuned down overall. PVP heals used to scale down in pvp, now they scale WAAAAY up. This makes no sense when you have NON-healer classes healing for 200-300hps+ in PVP.
3. All Player cast CC needs to be increased slightly, if not more in certain cases. The CC nerf was completely overdone. Enchanters got it the worst, because their entire kit and function is built around something that was nerfed into the ground. Compare this to outlandish proc pieces from level 40s - 50s mobs that will still be BIS into RoK because of their ridiculous CC durations.
If you're going to nerf player cast CC into the ground, then these proc pieces of gear need to be nerfed as well.
4. Many class defining abilities are just simply broken or not working in PVP.
I will add Illusionist Spellshield to the list of other things mentioned in this thread already. This is supposed to reflect 3 class spells or abilities. It reflects nothing, and instead grants 5 damage shield proc triggers of some garbage amount of damage that equates to roughly 300 total damage as a level 58 "ancient teaching" "class defining" spell. This is completely unacceptable and makes illusionist deletable in DoF. Combine this with the outlandish nerf to CC and you have 0 reason to play an illusionist currently.
5. Census data needs to be removed or blocked from public access. This is being exploited on a daily basis to gain information about player locations that was never intended, and is ruining pvp and the contesting of world mobs.
6. The PVP crossbow is pretty bad. How much thought was actually put into this thing? You cant even make bolts for it, and the vendor ones are crap. There is also no good version for a mage/priest to use. Totally imbalanced and skewed towards auto-timing classes. We need more variety of PVP items. Also more ways to get pvp tokens, not simply by killing the few people on the server with a ton of broken proc gear. This creates a very imbalanced environment, where only other people with broken proc gear are going to be the ones who can kill the people to complete their bounties.
7. This is a PVP event server, why is it that all the best gear comes from PVE? At the very least there needs to be a balance here. Hardcore blue raid guilds should not be allowed to tromp this small pvp server with horrendously overpowered proc gear only attainable from PVE raid mobs. This forces a PVE arms race that I can imagine a large number of PVPers would rather not take part in. I can personally attest to not wanting to be a hardcore raid guild on a short duration PVP event server. IT MAKES ZERO SENSE! PVE and RAID content should be there, but minimized. This server is meant to be PVP with elements of PVE remaining. Not Hardcore PVE raiding and grinding with some PVP here and there. An entire expansion lasts 1 month, WHY ARE WE BEING FORCED TO WASTE TIME RAIDING? I'd rather wash dishes than be forced to raid all the time in order to compete on a PVP event server.
Regardless, drop rates from raid mobs need to be GREATLY increased to correlate with the 1 month per expansion timeline. Contested with 3 day spawn timers and tiny drop rates make no sense on an expansion that lasts 30 days. That would mean if killed on cooldown (10 times over the course of the expansion), you would expect to see any given specific piece with a 10% drop rate to drop one time for the entire expansion. ONE. Stuff is still be disco'd from classic after DoF dropped.
8. The disco exp nerf was totally unnecessary. It has basically killed any chance at re-rolling or attracting new players at this point in the server. Who is going to want to level a priest from 0 to 60 in the current state of the game? There will be almost no pvp to be found in lower tiers, and questing is still going to be like watching paint dry on a server where expansions last 30 days. The exp grind should never have been a factor to begin with on this server. Forcing players to go through the motions of a game that was designed to be in an expansion for 6 months - 1 year, within a 30 day period is just ridiculous. ALL exp needs to be tuned up heavily to allow people to change classes, attract friends to come and play or return to the game. At the very least, add class change tokens to the cash shop. Aint nobody trying to level from 0 - 60 more than twice on this server. It will be even worse next month when KoS launches. Rolling alts and changing classes is an integral part of this game. It keeps people interested and logging in, regardless of many other outside factors. However, when put in the position of having to go from 0 - 60 again or just quitting the game altogether, I guarantee the majority of players will just quit in the current state of the server.
I'd suggest the solution for leveling would be to put a level 50 token on the broker for 10 blood coins. People will still buy XP pots for 50-60. Everyone's happy then, and it's an easy fix that doesn't involve tweaking.
I've found that when I was below 50, I had no-one to PvP against. So I quested and grinded myself to 50. By this point, the new month had opened up and everyone had hit 60, so I still had no-one to PvP against. Here we go grinding and questing again...I'm now 53 and am just getting ganked pretty much non-stop by duos or groups of oranges in SS.
I think the problem we have here is a fairly low pop. I'll keep slogging away til this event is done, and despite my reservations, I know I'll sign up to the next one. Guess after 20 years of EQ and EQ2, I'm just an incurable addict
If you're leveling from 50-60 in SS you're doing it wrong.
Go do barrel repeatables in Everfrost and the LS timeline and you'll be 60 in 2-3 hours. Just as god intended.
Merc brings up a good point though. The population is super low but since it's free for all, we can make it work with a smaller population.
The issue is, there will only be about 10 people in a zone and 6 of them are grouped up together hunting the other 4 who are probably solo's. Ive even seen pug x2's being formed up because people don't wanna die in pvp.
There is so much potential pvp if people would split up. You can full group and raid pve content. Do set up 1v1, 6v6's or 24v24 for pvp but when you're strolling through open world zones that your group or raid makes up more than half the population for, enjoy the little to no pvp.
I did the barrel repeatables in EF for hours. Yes, I was making levelling progress, but I don't want to be paying and playing a game for hours on end with the same emotional joy as doing a wardrobe full of ironing.
Separate names with a comma.