Isle of Vul

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Melt, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

I would just like to thank the maker of the Isle of Vul fight in the mage epic. It was extremely fun. I think it was done very well. What does everyone else think about it? I liked that I had to use my wizard knowledge rather than just ascension blasting it.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It was a pain in the butt on my coercer, since none of the mobs can be charmed or mezzed and, as a coercer, the only thing resembling 'nukes' I've got are my ascension abilities :p
    Meneltel likes this.
  3. Ellimist Active Member

Didn't Vul get nerfed?

it was bloody hard when I did it. Kinda cool being that hard but if they nerfed it I'm glad. It was a bit too hard originally.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

No, it is still very difficult. Took me around 5 minutes. Kited a lot with etherbere chains and shackles. VERY tough fight, but super fun in my opinion.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I had more problems with the trash in the zone then the last name.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah, they hit pretty hard. I generally used the same strategy on them. They were easier for me, as wizards have a 55m slow, which made the fights relatively easy. The final name took all the kiting I had in my. Ended up with 2 or 3% hp
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

They nerfed it. It is still hard, but it was harder. It took me quite a bit longer than 5 minutes, and I had to completely change spec around using my tank pet and having a TON more hp and stuff in order to kill the final guy.

That being said, most of the mage epic quest was fun if you had already completed the requirements for it, which I had not. Having to do all of the requirements on top of the quests themselves soured it for me. But I did enjoy actually having to work within my class to get past the Isle. It was really the only part of the quest where I truly felt I had earned the weapon through gameplay and maximizing the use of my character, while still being somewhat reasonable.
    Conifur, Mizgamer62 and Snikkety like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah.. coercers don't have anything like ethernere chains. Once I cleared a space, it wasn't too bad. But the first few on the bottom and top were a real pita because 1 root/stun was never enough (see again lack of real nukes on chanters unless you're willing to wait minutes between mobs for ascension abilities to come back).