Isle of Refuge

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Hexcentricity, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Hexcentricity Member

Someone left the Outpost of the Overlord, aka Isle of Refuge version 2, on the live server just to prove that they could. The dialogue didn't port them, but the call to city ability they get during the dialogue did allow them to. They had a character camped there for years. So...why can't this happen on live since it already IS happening on live servers? Simply give Isle of Refuge as an additional option during character creation; if you're good you go to Queen's Colony; if you're bad you go to Outpost of the Overlord.

Or have everyone begin on the Isle and when they are ready to leave they can go to the abysmal DLW/FF created 5+ years later. Personally, I would want to go to Freeport/Qeynos and would instantly change citizenship, but whatever, keep it in if you must despite the overwhelming popular opinion that people don't want those two starter zones. IoR is a deal breaker for a lot of people.

I started the thread here giving, in detail, why I think this is very important to these two servers. I appreciate devs openness to our feedback and appreciate all of their hard work, so please don't think otherwise, but hear us out on this. ;)
    Siren, Charlice, Padrepyro and 5 others like this.
  2. Redd Member

I would like to see the isle of refuge make a comeback, personally I don't know why it was taken out in the first place.

Seemed like a nice starting area, it taught basic combat mechanics, quests, even had a trade-skill intro which was nice and the ability to harvest nodes!

With the TLE in place though, why is this not in? It was a starting feature when EQ2 came about...
    Danielson and Siren like this.
  3. Dixa Active Member

who cares?

the minutes i left dlw and dropped into commonlands i found 3 pieces of dropped TREASURED gear that blew away the quest and zone drops of the SAME LEVEL from dlw in stats by a huge margin.
  4. Danielson New Member

I'd like to see Queen's Colony/Outpost of the Overlord make it back in for these progression servers.. It would go a long way in making it feel more classic..thats all. Otherwise I think their doing a great job on everything else. Here's hoping!!
  5. Malachy Well-Known Member

They actually need both. I left DLW instantly for Freeport and ran out of quests way before I hit level 10 to go to Commonlands, the amount of XP they pulled back made a huge difference. I did every single quest available and still had to grind for a couple of hours. So bring back the Isle AND leave in DLW & FF.

There is absolutely no valid technical reason to not bring the Isle back considering it's already functional in game, we just need the option to get sent there at character creation.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The Isle of Refuge (and the optional boat ride to get there) were great places to start, and fantastic pieces of lore. It's the root of the Prismatic quest series, and devs have made content that refers to it even long after we were no longer able to start there! It's always broken my heart that it has never been returned to the game as a starting zone. Please, PLEASE at least return it to the TLE servers?

(Though I would be so much happier if it returned to the live servers as well. Timelines are flexible and individual in the game; one character can be barely discovering the shadowmen plots in the Obelisk of Lost Souls while another is defeating Rohen Theer in Ultera. There's no reason someone couldn't start on the Isle of Refuge, and learn shortly after they left that the Far Seas Trading Company is no longer allowing others to use the island. And of course, at lvl 95 they can go back and find out why, and it is more personal because they remember their early days on that island and know firsthand how much has changed since!)
  7. Loudshirt New Member

Apparently a good portion of the community cares. You are the only person who is 100% against the isle every thread about the TLE servers has multiple posts asking for the isle to return.
    HaphazardAllure and Feldon like this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

The point of TLE servers -- you seem to be repeatedly missing it.
    Siren and HaphazardAllure like this.