Is this AOM quest ("Body of Work") BUGGED or am I making some dumb mistake?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Caethre, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Caethre Active Member

Is this AOM quest ("Body of Work") BUGGED or am I making some dumb mistake?

Within the last hour, two of my characters were working on the quest "Body of Work" from Destora J'Narus in Ghorkaal. I have two accounts, so they were working as a group of two, Lorianna (Monk) and Silvianna (Illusionist).

Using my Ghorkaal illusion, I had completed gathering the components that Destora had asked for, and returned to her to complete the quest.

My first character hailed her and went through some dialog, and then she summoned a "Destora's monstrosity" which promptly attacked. Ignoring this for a moment, my second character then went through her dialog, and she summoned a second of the same creatures, which then also attacked.

I then fought and killed both the summoned undead creatures.

Once they were dead, I noticed my Teir'Dal illusion had dropped during the fight, so I replaced it.

However, Destora J'Narus would then not give me the next quest. Her response suggested she was no longer seeing my illusion.

I moved to the docks, camped out both characters and came back again, re-applied the illusion, and then returned to Destora. No change, she still does not want to give me the next quest.

Is this broken?

Or am I missing something?
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If it helps, her responses are different depending on whether your character is good or evil...if your toon is good, you might want to check amongst similarly-aligned people to continue on. :^)
  3. Caethre Active Member

Having completed this section of the signature quest line, the illusion item has disappeared, so I decided to web search for more information. I can see on eq2.wikia the quests listed, but I have guessed that the last poster may well be correct as far as character alignment is concerned.

The listed quests on eq2.wikia say:

===============
    4. Quests from Destora J'Narus in Ghorkaal

1. Down to the Bone
    2. Body of Work
    3. Malicious Obsession
    4. Sustaining Souls of Bloody kithicor

5. Quests from Eleden Calmseas (opens after finishing in Ghorkaal)

1. Putting Down the Walking Dead
    2. Momentary Peace for Bloody Kithicor
    ===============

However, I suspect these listings are not taking alignment into account and that they should.

For good characters, perhaps they can do only Destora's first two, and then Eleden's two.

My guess is that evil characters can do all four of Destora's quests but cannot do Eleden's quests.
    Loredena and Shmogre like this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

That's it exactly [and man, was it confusing at first when my evil toon grouped with a good guildee and got to this part...but after we realized what it was, it was pretty cool to see how the quest line changed for good versus evil].
    Loredena likes this.