is this any good ?

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-xXGoldDragonXx, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-xXGoldDragonXx Guest

[p]yo to thos that read this[/p][p]is this sig worth looking at ? made it my self messing arund with photoshop, on my 2nd day i hade mixed up few thing's but ended up with this. so what i was wondering was, should i delete it or is it a keeper ?[/p][p]pls tell what ya think :)[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

[p]I looks good but it needs something....[/p][p]Oh I got it! It needs a gold borger 1/8" all the way around and to the left of the Splitpaw.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

Also, center the name over the ranger thing instead of to the left. : )
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]Not bad at all for a first try!![/p][p]I agree, a border would help a lot; I would stick with just a line across the top and across the bottom. I think lines down either side would detract from the text. I also agree in that your name could be moved a bit to the right, but it may also look better if it were made a bit bigger; you still have lots of room to play with. :)[/p][p]I always try to leave the fancy fonts for the bigger letters in my sigs. Lots of lettering detail tends to get lost and/or make words much harder to read when used on smaller letters. With that in mind, you may want to try a different (more simple) font for the server name, and maybe also for the class and guild name.[/p][p]JMO! ;)[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-FadetoGrey Guest

[face="helvetica"]I know I'm late in posting, but I really do like your character poses and positions. :)[/face]
  6. ARCHIVED-xXGoldDragonXx Guest

ty :) and as for that gold border thing NO looks like crap,nomatter how its done.
  7. ARCHIVED-xXGoldDragonXx Guest

[p]yer but if you look at it the text is centered if i blow up my name i cant center it over the ranger thing:roll: without having to cover part of my LBoC.with the text and imo the bow should relly show,/wink ime the onlyone on my sever thers got it :-D [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Khellendrathas Guest

If you wanted the bow to be a focal point you could take a bigger screenshot of it and put it in the background separately to show more detail. Because right now it's so small that you still really don't notice it right off the bat. Are you taking your screenshots at the highest quality possible? There is a choice in the Options window to set the quality of .jpeg screenshots and it doesn't automatically start out at max. And of course, the higher to quality in your performance setting helps too. I actually don't think this particular sig needs a border. With the dark blue background it meshes rather nicely with the black background on the forum layout I have chosen. However, I do agree that while the blue and gold look great together, I would choose a different font and mess around with the size, spacing, and layout. The server is hard to read with the letters being too close together and in my opinion the text overall seems somewhat bland with the same font throughout the image. But going back to your original question, I'd say keep it and just continue playing around with and learning Photoshop. You seem to have a solid idea of what you want the sig to display and what you want it to look like. So if you like this sig, stick with it. It's yours and you have final say whether it's awesome or not. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Jagen Guest

i think that sigs a keeper ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

I think its very good! I love the background, it grabs you! You could try messing with the character himself, enlarging him and bringing him more into the focus of the sig. Right now, the focus is the text. You could make the ranger text a bit smaller so that the name is brought out more and is deemed more important. I do really like the colors you chose for it. Nice job!
  11. ARCHIVED-Nemissis Guest

Crescendo@Everfrost wrote:
    I personaly love it! Looks very sharp =) and Cres is right it does focus your eye on the text but still =D looks pretty dam good =P well done!
  12. ARCHIVED-RichardAnmell Guest

Test test that sig looks cool.
  13. ARCHIVED-Thrashercat Guest

Nemissis@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Why thank you kind sir.../flustered