Is this a new bug?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-uksky, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-uksky Guest

Hi,

i was fighting in Enchanted Islands earlier and i decided to use my Grim Spellbinder (adept 1) pet which is white con to me. (lvl 28 Necro)
    So as we were fighting i noticed on the combat log that there was no hits or misses from my pet. I asked my group and they said they couldn't see any hits from it either.

I changed to my lvl 24 tank pet and there was no problems with that.

So is this a new bug, or has anyone else encountered it ?

Thanx:smileyindifferent:
  2. ARCHIVED-TelMegiddo Guest

did you try to recast it and see if it still fought i had something similar althoguh i do beleive it was just the spot where i was fighting not the enemy. i was fighting an orc in my earlier levels andit didnt hit my pet at all so my pet took no damge but we killed the thing without any health drawbacks, i t was weird bu i wasnt going to complain so maybe it was just a one time thing hopefully it was o we necro's could find ourselvesin some very difficult situations.
  3. ARCHIVED-uksky Guest

I changed to my tank pet, but if theres a next time i'll try the re-cast method.

I just hope it was a one time thing.

Thanx :smileyhappy:
    Message Edited by uksky on 12-08-2004 03:15 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

ive had similar problems with my pet, tho it was actually my 24 pet.

was killing bears and had to chase my pet around and got agro from another bear. it was only a green so no biggie, but when my pet was done killing the first bear, it didnot attack the add. the add was hitting me and i was telling my pet to attack, yet my pet did 0 damage to the add and i had to kill it by myself. this also happened on the beach in nek when i was goin around killing green crabs 2 at a time, my pet said "right away master" yet did 0 damage and i had to kill the crab myself.

i just wish the pet pathing issue was as rare as this kuz these are the only 2 occasions i have had this happen.
  5. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

what happens is sometimes the mob or pet will get stuck in a certain spot and can not hit the other ( like when we players see "can not see target" ) except we're smart and we move, the pet or mob does not. i have been in both situations where the mob has gotten stuck and my pet took no damage the whole fight, and i've also where the pet doesn't attack the mob at all. solution is to tell the pet to back off to reposition it to attack, or just pull the aggro to yourself. that has been a big problem, more importantly in groups when no one can hit the mob so the tank has to reposition it.
  6. ARCHIVED-uksky Guest

I guess this is the wrong forum to ask about Necro bugs, seeing as the 1-star bandit didn't like it LOL:smileyvery-happy: