Is there an add-on to show quest areas for quests that don't have them?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ChaoPizza, Dec 8, 2023.

1. ChaoPizza New Member

I recently have gotten to level 100 and am doing quests in the Plane of Magic, but there is no blue markings on the map to show me where to go. I have to have a browser open and copy/paste coordinates from the wiki. It really is not fun. So, is there a add- on that will make questing not so bothersome?
  2. vlada Active Member

no
    Dude likes this.
  3. Unknown Entity Member

Around that level is the expansion ( ToT I believe ) where the devs had the utterly brilliant idea of forcing everyone to go off of hopefully descriptive enough text and removing the area markers, and there's no way to access them via API as far as a I know. Because who wants casuals, right?
    Hartsmith and Twyla like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Whether or not a quest has guide points or general areas to look for updates literally comes down to a quest-by-quest basis. The good majority of all content after Altar of Malice just does not have it. The quests themselves just don't have it anymore. Even when the game first launched, there were hundreds of quests that had nothing to assist with.
  5. ChaoPizza New Member

Well, I think I am just gonna stop here, I guess. It is very tedious to do quests now.

And back in the day we didn't need quest helpers.... we all grinded on mobs in contested dungeons and helped each other out. I actually miss those days, it was much more fun than solo questing.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Laughing Owl Active Member

ChaoPizza if you havent quit yet. Google Eq2maps it is a third party addon, that while not white area, adds 'markers' for most quests with often exact spot(s) needed. and is player udpated, so most newer things will get added. (if old content is missing less likely to get add, but could be.
    Forestchild likes this.
  7. Hariken Member

I heard they had updated the map. I guess it wasn't true.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Whether or not a quest has the blue highlights on the map literally comes down to a quest-by-quest basis. Even back in the original vanilla game, there were just as many quests that didn't offer any assistance as there were ones that showed you where to start looking for updates.

The idea has been *almost* entirely dropped in the last 5 expansions just because programming the quest and moving onto the next one takes priority over taking more time to program the guidepoints.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Evilary Well-Known Member

It's too bad their isn't enough players to create a demand for someone to create a mod that did the same thing. Some of the time, their quests really don't make sense unless you read and read and read the quest dialog to understand what they were going for. Just did a section of the signature quest in the new expansion. It asked for more information to be found. Nothing pointed toward doing a collection quest but that's what it wanted.