Is there a way to make your pet aggressive?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-irk2000, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-irk2000 Guest

Every game I have ever played allowed a pet class to turn their pet on aggressive yet I dont see anywhere in this game where that is possible.
    Is that the case or am I missing something..

Thanks in advance
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Trust me, in EQ2 you do not want this feature.
    The closest you can do is make the pet attack whenever you are attacked, or attack whenever it is attacked. Check the pet options (right click the pet -> Pet Options) or the pet window itself.
  3. ARCHIVED-Taemien Guest

What I would like to see is whatever is on my 'personal threat table' becomes hated by my pet as well. In otherwords if I attack something, the pet attacks it and keeps going until that thing is dead or I tell it to do something else. In the mean time if I attack something else the pet will engage that when its first target is dead or if told to attack it it will do so and then go until that target is dead then switch to the first if its still alive.
    You can kinda simulate this already by mapping Soulrot to having /pet_attack (I think is the macro command).
    Just more intelligent AI on the pets would be great. Like the pets in WoW are smarter then some players when placed on defensive. They attack whatever the owner attacks, protect the owner, use debuffs when needed, and halt attacks on CC'd targets (like stand there and look at it, waiting for another command or until the effect stops.
    An agressive command isn't something I'd see useful here, unless PVPing.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

That's not really the best idea, either. You want your pet doing the opening hits to gain proper aggro. It's just like dealing with a player tank. It makes life a lot easier, especially when you're trying to kill heroics.
  5. ARCHIVED-Taemien Guest

I wasn't speaking from a solo point of view. Even then what I posted would still work, you can always press the 'pet attack' button. I don't ever see that functionality ever going away.