Is there a simple and concise 'summary' somewhere?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by mouser, Dec 2, 2013.

1. mouser Well-Known Member

I've started playing again - left after last years Frostfell, and I'm completely lost 'lorewise'. Red is now level 92, and she's done a little under 600 quests, so I know she's missed a few here and there that would probably have filled in some of the gaps. I did Paineel and Stonebrunt Highlands.

Since I've come back: She did a bit of work for people called the "Combine", who were working for a dragon they were convinced was going to eat them all anyway...Queen Antonia wanted to send me somewhere, but that greyed out and I dropped it to make more room (I've got to finish all these 'book quests' one day).

She was about to visit a city in the Withering Lands where people speak Draconic (another quest I've got to get back to) when she gets a summons from a guy with a split personality and a very high opinion of himself. Some blonde chick dies, and now I see dead people (I assume I'm in Chains of Etheria now). The split personality guy, who apparently got better, has also asked me to go somewhere else using the druid circle in Etheria (Tears of Veeshan?), which doesn't seem to work (maybe I'll 'fix' it somewhere along the way...).

Everybody she speaks to she greets like they're old friends (like the dragon in Thurgadin) and they talk about things I have no clue about - calendars was one thing. Oh and dragons are over Qeynos and Freeport, but I think they've been there since the 'renovation'. Nothing attracts monsters like redoing a place for them to move into...
  2. Rezikai Member

hmmm one of us really needs to write up a lore summary from the events of TSO-SF-SoV-AoD-ToV... i may have missed one of the expacs in there.... its early... *sips hot chocolate*
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Or late if your a shameless night owl.
  4. mague Active Member

First learn To Speak as a Dragon.

Talk to the Othmir on the Sinking Sands Docks.

Learn to fly

Then Whittered Lands and Cobalt Scar

Then Obol Plains

Then do Mark of the Awakened

Then go to Vespyrr Islands

That is the right timeline to catch up lore imho. Itemized from ToV you ll be able to fill the lore gaps you could not solo in Stonebrunt and Velious. Tears of Veeshan doesnt require any grouping to unlock the lore.
  5. mouser Well-Known Member

Thanks. so I should keep going till I get geared up in ToV? And where does TSO fit in the above timeline?

How long till I can fix that druid ring - Or am I just not doing something right...
  6. mague Active Member

The Shadow Odyssey is before Sentinels Fate. Since you have been to Stonebrunt i didnt metion it.

Yes, do the solo timelines in the order i suggested. The Druid rings /spire access will unlock somewhere on the solo quest timelines.

Each zone will offer better items by questing the solo timelines. I d continue and unlock the lore till you are done with ToV. With the ToV items you can go back and unlock the lore in the heroic instances. It will explain about the Duality and Drinal and about the Combine. About D'Lere and the end of the Combine. If you dont have one or two friends who play the timelines you have to go ahead and come back with better items to get the full storyarcs.

Obol Plains and ToV are very solofroendly regarding telling the lore.
  7. Brailyn Member

i agree, and by summary, i'd like a spoiler, full blown. seeress book one till now! :)
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the guy with the spilt personality and high opinion of himself is the Duality, the result of an attempt by the (in)famous necromancer Dartain to absorb the spirit of the legendary Al'Kabor. however, Al'Kabor's spirit was too strong for Dartain to absorb, and they now share the body..and it shifts flesh depending on which soul it in charge. the Blonde you saw die was Firiona Vie, the Chosen of Tunare. your sent to Ethernere to find out what's going on. long story short, the dea gods Rallos Zek (eq2) and Cazic Thule (eq1) are attempting to take over Ethernere (places souls go on thier way to thier various deities realms) as a last ditch save themselves effort. we stop it and let Drinal (Norrath's Grim Reaper) get things back in control

Cobalt Scar is next and the formation of the Combine. all teh major cities, and the Dragon faction claws of Veeshan, allied against Kerafyrm and his Awakened army. We get a powerful artifact...and attempt to use it, get ambushed by Kera himself. Yelinak dies, shortly after Lucan kills someone close to Antonia, the the Combine for all intents and purposes falls apart.

the Awakened launches an offenssive on both Freeport and Qeynos, the dragons attacking the shielding wardings each respective mage guild is maintaining. Al'Kabor divides himself with Dartain to communicate to both cities at once, and we get sent back to Ethernere to talk to Yelinak about who should lead the Dragons/try to remake the Combine.

that's the general gist of CoE/ToV story
    Avahlynn likes this.
  9. Brailyn Member

Did Mayong ever come back and ask for the chelsith stone after the moppet shoppe ?
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Nope. we haven't heard from Mayong in some time. Odds are he's still researching the Calendar or the monuments of Theer he was searching for earlier. or dealing with Tserrina.

Mayong is one of those characters that usually only gets personally involved when it's the most benifical to him at that time. he'll gladly let everyone else do all the hard work, while reaping the best benefits he can for himself.