Is there a returning players' guide anywhere?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Nogger, Apr 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Nogger Guest

Been out of the game for a couple years and lotsa new changes I see. Is there anywhere one could find a guide for returning players listing most of the changes? I think there have been at least 2 expansions since I last played and I'm kinda lost now.
    One thing I need to now now is when I log in on my characters, I get a prompt asking if I want to do a one-time re-attune of all my gear. If I say no, I don't get the choice again, so I've been moving the window outta the way and ignoring it. What's the upside/downside to doing this? I mean i know gear attunes when you equip it, but why would I want to unattune it? Just wanna know what's changed prompting this decision.
    Also, My mounts are in bags that are locked, is there any way short of re-subbing that i can retrive my mounts? I'm walking everywhere now :p
  2. ARCHIVED-lstvanDiVega Guest

I've been able to move things out of the bags into unlocked bags. You just can't move things back into the locked ones.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

New Halas and Gorowyn both have beginning questlines for a 130% run speed Horse mount...seems like its a level 16 or 17 quest, if I remember correctly.
    Or you can buy a mount for 2 or 3 plat at the horse vendor in either city.
    Raf
  4. ARCHIVED-Nogger Guest

Yeah I didn't realize I could move items from the locked bags, then after moving the mounts items and using them, it took me a little bit to figure out why it vanished and took me a few to find the new mount button and system. Thought I had lost my mounts ...
  5. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Take the option to unattune your items, it means everything you ever owned that you attuned can now be traded. You can just attune what you want to use and sell the rest. It's win win. I hadbags of old gear I had upgraded that I either sold or gave to alts. Four toers of mastercrafted sold for a good amount!
  6. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Tiers not toers!
  7. ARCHIVED-Nogger Guest

Thanks folks, I did not realize you could remove stuff from the locked bags. I've since re-subbed to gold so it's all worked out anyways. Thanks!