Is there a guide to necro armor anywhere out there?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Biles, Jan 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Biles Guest

I'm having a really hard time finding a list of armor by level for necros, and I would like to know when I should be upgrading my gear/what I should be upgrading to. Right now I'm level 16 still basically in the starting gear (with a few changes).

Edit: Also, I have a question about AA. I plan on doing the Solo/Tank Pet AA build, and I was wondering how many times that I can respec. I notice that I'm supposed to respec at AA level 23, but could I resepc later? Do I just use that "special" option at the top of the AA menu?
  2. ARCHIVED-korruptidsoul Guest

If there is an actual list, I'm unaware...I know they have top end gear threads but I've never seen a tier by tier one done.
    However, my suggestion for gear would be for the first 7 Tiers work with master crafted armor from local tailors (guilded or otherwise) These can be worn at the second level of each tier (i.e. 22, 32, 42, etc...) It will provide you with the necessary bonuses to easily surpass the lower end content. Any Legendary or Fabled pieces you come across may or may not upgrade these (most should) so just swap out accordingly.
    At level 20 you can also begin your armor quest series. This is a nice series of quests giving you gear that should you be unable to afford MC gear, will work, but most utilize it in the appearance slots that become available at level 20.

As for your AA question. Being that most of the content at the lower end was designed for players without AA or at least very few, I don't see the need to continuously respec. For soloing put every point you get toward the Necromancer tree endline ability Tainted Heals. After that, just put points toward the other spells listed in the AA build you are using, but don't concern yourself with respeccing. It'll just start getting costly and become a headache. I didn't respec my first time until I started feeling the need for two separate builds and was able to get my hands on a Mirror of Reflected Achievements ( a must have for all summoners). The next time I respecced was for my endline Shadow tree abilities, which when you get there, I'm sure someone will explain to you.

Hope that helps.
    X
  3. ARCHIVED-Biles Guest

How do I get master crafted gear? I stopped by the tailor's in Freeport, but it was just a bunch of materials and places to craft. I don't know any recipes or how to up my crafting.
  4. ARCHIVED-BLIGHTBRINGER Guest

you have 2 choices to get mastercrafted gear -
    1) buy from broker what other folk have made (cloth armour and jewelry) which isn't usually too expensive and some of the mastercrafted gear has pretty good stats, or
    2) get tradeskilling and make your own. You can have several alts on the go in different tradeskill professions if you are really keen to make the armour, jewelry and even weapons and charms etc. However many necromancers do what i did, and become a sage, so you can make your own expert spells (same as old adept 3) more cheaply themselves.
    If you want to "up your crafting" go to any tradeskill instance in any of the towns ( look like a trapdoor on the ground or use "waypoint from your EQ2 button) and when in there you can buy receipe books and fuel and start a new career. If you plan on playing long term it is a good thing to do to make some money, (and save yourself some money). also you can do the tradeskill equivalent of "city writs" to get personal status, and if in a guild, some guild status points. think hard before you go up many levels about what you want to be as there is no going back once you have made a final choice of profession. If you are going to tradeskill you will probably want to improve your harvesting abilities so you can get your own ingredients for the receipes and find a few rares also which you have to do in tiers - so it is easier to do as you are gaining exp in the various tiers anyway as it is somewhat boring to go back to very low tiers just to up your harvesting skills! good luck.
    Hellstone