Is there a BoL starter gear box like previous expansions?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Liral, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Liral Active Member

For the last two expansions they had starter gear in a box by a quest giver. Is there anything like that for BoL? If not where does one get level appropriate gear for the new expansion?
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yes there's a Tishan's lockbox on Luclin. You have to progress enough in the quests to unlock traveling there though.
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

exept for some reason they come with Runes that are not usable in Bol
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The point of the Lockbox is to get everybody on an even footing as if we all came from the prior expansion with the same gear.

I highly recommend doing the overland mob-dropped quests before you get into the instances in the sig line... look at your Journal in the BoL achievements for exploration, quests, and Other Hunts... doing these gets you some very nice stuff, which then makes the instances much easier.

Also, don't tun up your nose at PQs. Right now is probably gonna be the only time that people are regularly killing overland PQs, and there's a real nice cloak that you get for doing all the overland PQs plus Dr. Arcana's two PQs. If you see an overland PQ mob up, start asking in LFG and /shout in zone for more people to come kill it.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I've done at least 6 of the mob dropped quest so far and the only thing I've gotten from all of them are infuser's, which I don't mind I do like infusers, but I haven't gotten any gear yet from any of them.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Doing the 'full set' for each zone gives a 165 resolve piece of jewelry (for each zone).
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yeah it's weird. Don't get rid of them too quick though. If you are running a character that used a bauble, it would be good to do the CD signature quest and the orange adorns DO work there. I"ve forgotten why now... was it because the CD sig gave you an epic class ability? Brain cramp, sorry.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It would seem they have lost their way, and all of the stuff we have told them and they have ignored the past 5 years is now catching up to them.
    I am still trying to find something fun that tells me I didnt make a mistake getting this expansion..leveling from 110 to 120 in a couple of hours sure doesnt reinforce positive expectations.

@Holly.....do you guys have any idea what you are doing anymore?
  9. Liral Active Member

Thanks for the replies people. Having fun in the new expac.