Is the XP worth it to come back to FG with TOS launching?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kahleem, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Kahleem Active Member

So, about three months ago my guild and I came back to EQ2 and rolled on FG only to run into the level 30ish-nightmare XP wall that existed. My entire guild of 16-some-odd IRL friends quit because of said horrid nightmare XP.

Recently I saw a post from July31st saying they "fixed" XP rates on FG, and that it was now "ok" for leveling.

Now with the launch of TOS, how is it for someone around level 30 to level now? We're big about raiding, and not so much the "Experience" of leveling through content but more about building our characters and raid achievements.

Thanks!
  2. Khieran Active Member

If you can find a group, the xp is great. Right after the xp fix, lots of lower level groups were to be found everywhere. Problem is, now that TSO came out, groups in the lower levels have evaporated...

But the xp problem has been fixed, so if you have a guild of people who can group, it should be fine.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's no big deal to level at the low levels. Quests do it faster than just grinding.
    • Collections are quests. Pick up every shiny you see. The ones you don't need, sell on the broker. If I'm stuck, I try and buy reasonably priced shinies for high level collections.
    • Pick up city writs for the areas in which you will be adventuring (from the guards, scouts, priests and mages of your city).
    • Look on the broker for Lore and Legend body parts. Examine them to get the L&L quest for that creature. When you kill more of them, you get more body parts and eventually learn how to use a Master Strike. But the L&Ls are quests and give XP, so I usually start all of them that I can reasonably do, knowing they'll update as I adventure.
    • Visit your city's sage. Qeynos' is in the Mage Tower. They sell book quests, among other things. Pick up the book quests for the areas where you will be hunting. As these update, they give XP for the stuff you were killing anyway.
    • Check the Solo Timeline and Dungeon Timeline to look for quests wherever you plan to be hunting.