is the new merc gear in the premium edition so incredible...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mrs. Song, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Mrs. Song New Member

...that it must be one per account and not one per character?
    Semperfifofum and Ceyllynn like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Yikes! I didn't realize it was just for one character. That totally sucks.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

If you look at the stream and discord....there are a few items that have the wrong tag.
  4. Duffy Active Member

I am not sure I remember correctly, but I think last years merc gear was also one per account first and got changed to one per character. I'd be nice if that would be the case also. I see why they would do the boost to level 100 as one per account, but merc gear? Hmm...
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  5. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

I imagine that it will get changed to one per character. For the record, I didn't see anything included that was incredible enough to warrant a $140 price tag, but that's just me. o_O
    Xillean and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Agee Member

I'm an alt-a-holic, hope they change it one per character like last year

Agee
  7. Duffy Active Member

This is supposed to be a more alt-friendly expansion, so I sure hope they will change it to be per character!
  8. Steelviper Active Member

The merc gear crate from Kunark Ascending is one per character, so you can claim it on any toon.
  9. Duffy Active Member

Yes, I know. As I said, it was one per account first and got changed later because of the complaints. I sure hope it will get changed for PoP also
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

it is one per character I upgraded to premium before pre order for PoP went in and all my characters can get it
  11. Duffy Active Member

Are you talking about the merc gear in the premium edition for PoP? Because it still is listed as per account on the website. As for the premium edition for KA, I know that it is per character NOW. What I was saying is, that it was per account FIRST and got changed later to one per character and i hope it will get changed to one per character for PoP premium also.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  12. Agee Member

has this been confirmed one way of other ? has PoP merc crate been changed to one/char or still one per acct

agee
  13. Charon New Member

So what's the status? Any confirmation, one per account or char?
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

sorry I was talking about KA I'm hoping they made the same mistake here for PoP
  15. Mrs. Song New Member

Maybe one of the devs can step in and confirm that this was overlooked and will be one per character as well? Shouldn't be too difficult nor gamebraking to change it, or?
  16. Mrs. Song New Member

Could you please make the merc gear one per character in the premium edition? I can't imagine it is so game braking to have it on the mercs of my alt army.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally, I can't justify spending $140 for the Premium package, regardless what they offer in it. That is simply more than I can justify spending on a single expac for any virtual game. The price of the Collector's Edition is pushing it for me, though I did purchase the CE edition on one account only. I purchased the basic package on my secondary account, but at the prices being charged, I couldn't justify the CE for a second account, nor will I consider purchasing the expac on any other accounts.

There are a number of things that I simply don't care about, although they might have some small value to others:

• If it's not a house item, I'm not interested.
    • Mounts are just another plushie to set down in a house. I only use disc mounts or wings on my characters.
    • Illusions mean nothing to me. They are just another fluff item to take up space in my abilty book or my inventory.
    • House pets mean nothing to me, due to the 'falling through the floor' bug. If they would give us a right-click option to convert to plushie, they will take on a whole new meaning as it means I can place them and actually have them stay put.
    • Petamorph wands (even the adorable burbur's) mean nothing to me. Again, they are just another fluff item to take up space in my inventory.
    • Armor means nothing to me, even if it is cool looking appearance armor, as I simply don't have the space to keep it stored. Wardrobes are a far cry from what I had hoped for when they were announced.
    • Weapons mean little to me, unless they really do have some awesome appearance to them and look good with one of my characters, but again, space is so limited, that I don't bother with these either.
    • You can only use one merc at a time and I abhor the nickle and diming they do with mercs, so mercs are meaningless to me.
    • The broker boxes are nice, but no where near worth the additional cost.
    • Consumables mean nothing to me, regardless of what those consumables do.
    • Pay-to-win items are an abhorrence as well, and I refuse to get caught up in that sort of scheme, period.
    What sells me on the expacs are the premium houses we get, the building block recipes we get, and I absolutely loved the altar items we got for the two previous expacs, and was very disappointed that the pre-order bonus was an illusion rather than another altar type house item in this current expac. By the way, I would prefer the altars to be one per character as opposed to one per account, due to the loveliness of the appearance of these items and wanting to use more than one in a build or use them in multiple builds...not for the buff they give, but for their beauty. The buff is not why I want them.

Really, there is very little they can do to entice me, once they have hit a certain price on these packs. I will simply live without, if need be. Nothing is that important.
    Katz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. cawalton3 Member

@Merriel, you have a sound analysis from your perspective. I think DBG needs to remember that many people are multi-account holders so that when the decision is to not purchase an upgraded edition, it usually affects all but the one main account, assuming even that one gets an upgrade.

The diminishing returns of the upgraded editions needs to addressed by DBG, either lower the price or throw more in to entice multi-account holders to upgrade all their accounts, especially since many of us already pay for a subscription on those accounts as well.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Ugh, I didn't notice that either. I'm playing more often on the Test server now, and there is ZERO chance of getting merc gear over there unless you craft it or it drops in a solo. No PQ activity right now (probably lower population because of Beta, but still), and not even twark merc gear on the broker. It would be great if there was also a merc crate with more basic gear that was one per character. Or just add a way to earn that from TLE or by completing some additional quest. Tag it "PRESTIGE"? Pretty please? *flutters eyelashes*
  20. Charon New Member

I'm still interested in getting an answer. Anyone?