is RNG the way forward?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arclite, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

I do not understand where the game is trying to go in terms of how players should acquire their loot.

The purple runes replacements should just be a quick exchange via merchant for a little bit of currency or the old runes or a combination of both. No reason we should be made to grind for them. These are not new and should be treated as old content.

Unless you are adding them to the elusive TS of this expansion, this is a waste of time. I'd rather like to see the ethereal runes and PG runes added to heroic boxes so people who missed out before can have access to them.

Why are the gem stones tied to RNG? Grinding them by doing quests makes sense and once you have them you should have the option for what you want to buy.

You can argue that it would make people gear up really quickly but conversely you have a massive issue with some people having better items just because the RNG favors them over others. Would it not then make sense to let everyone climb up at the same rate?

You can increase the number of stones required and add the currency so it then becomes a genuine grind but at the end of people are not left disappointed but rather able to acquire the item they want. Worked with ethereal items, why not use the same rule here?

I actually appreciate that you are trying to do something new here but perhaps the execution is not quite right?
    Kheldorm, Xillean and Prissetta like this.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

I agree. RNG isnt a good solution especially for ascension modifications we worked our bums off last expac to acquire. Guess Im tied to old xpac gear if I want my researched ascension class to remain in the least competitive with etherealists as I havent been lucky enough to see even one orange drop that modifies ascensions let alone the 4 I'd need to make my ascension class complete.
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I just wish the orange adorns from the panda worked in every slot.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention Ascension runes and tithe bonus upgrades. Again we have the same problem. Some are getting more than others. Not sure how this creates a balance for everyone playing.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

Now that all adornments oranges are no trade I guess its a pretty clear message from the team that this trend is intended and will continue. Still havent seen one ascension orange drop whereas I know a few ppl who have several. Also know someone with 3...count em 3..of the rare upgradeable charms from mission crates. Not one here yet and Ive been on almost all the same groups she has so the numbers are similar. This sucks!
  6. Acust Member

The entire RNG for runes and upgrades are a major reason that the game has lots a large player base. Just another indication that DBG has fallen to the trap of not really focusing on players, and on the numbers, where the Pay to Win will be how it is done. Very disappointed.