is manaward that good ? and our pet ???

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Earar, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

so one of the coercr epic 2 buff is charged warding .. makes our mana ward better (left part of prestige tree ??)

the other gives a buff to our PET ????

wtf ? I though we could use it on the tank or anybody ... no the mastermind buff is a 33 sec buff on the PET ?? why ??

when u see illus spells .. timewarps gives fervor and now they can reset the abilities to a friend ... every 5 min. and we get to buff our pet and get a better manaward ?

on one of my specs, where i use the right prestige tree, I didn't even take manaward, why did they have to boost this spell and our pet ?

sorry .. I just am flabagasted. because when I read spells, I thought about the ward and if you raid and MT group, mana ward can always be good, plus with manaflow you never run oom.
    and then the second spell, was thinking about 33 sec buff on the tank can be good too ... then I read .. and it's target : caster's pet ... and I don't get it.

thanks for those great spells, really makes me want to work to get the epic 2
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Do any coercers USE mana ward? I know I don't on mine...
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

then one wasted ability already :)
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

These effects could have been used to make Coercers desirable, and fun to play.

But nope, once again, just crap and last minute thoughts by looks of it.
    Mermut and Ixian like this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

[IMG]

for the ones who haven't seen it yet
  6. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Yr pet should hit fairly hard with plus 30k prim stat If it's not 1 shoted all the time.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

When compared to the illy buffs, the coercer epic 2.0 says 'betray to illy, fool!' :p
  8. Ebarel Member

looking at the state of chanters this expansion with nerfed dps and no utility left that is actually needed or wanted, i d say both epics say: reroll a BL, swash or any other scout if you want to be in raid ;)
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

Mana is still usefull to give, abd hate reduction

But i'm not a pet class.
    When i see most raid AA setups, people don't take the middle AA points in our prestige tree to boost survivability of our pet. Therés a reason.
    Our pet is not our focus as a class.

Plus the pet sometimes bug, i send him to attack and it doesn't do a think. I honnestly don't like coz it's not reliable
  10. Chillispike Active Member

I'm not to annoyed by the Coercer pet buff, the dmg buff can be quite nice. Just depents which stats are checked for damage, pet or caster ones.
    The Manaward looks a bit meh, mostly because it seems to be the only Epic 2.0 reward spell that requires a specific AA specc to be useful compared to the other 25 classes.
    There are some fights with power drain and Ether Balance is useful for those and for dps in general as well.
    Coercers are utilty class at core still and never designed to be T1 dps, but still utility and chanters .. defo not healers.
    There is bleed through on wards and some nameds ignore the ward even .. means even when you try to save someone it's maybe pointless. There for when you need the extra healing it needs be more constant and not a ward that prolly get's eaten up in 10 secs and is down for the next 50secs.
    if the healing is intended, why not add a second effect for Ether Balance or give other effects, like:
    - adds 5 Extra triggers for Ether Balance
    - removes the trigger count of Ether Balance and changes it to single target spell (Power feed still effect whole Group)
    - tiggers a group ward that stacks
    - Siphon's 1% of the group's hate and transfers it with Enraging Demenor to the Tank
    - doubles the power feed of Ether Balance
    - adds a stone skin to Enraging Demenor and gives fervor
    - Casting a stun, mezz or daze spell has a chance of 25% to trigger immunity for it to the group
    - When a group member falls below X% power this spell will increase the power of the target by 20% (or 5% for the group?). can trigger only once every 30seconds
    - Fun spell effects can't be resisted by targets (Ok that is sarcastic, sorry)
  11. Stach Well-Known Member

I have not got to my epic yet, I just passed 8 so have 2 weeks more. But looking at the description, says the base ratio by 2, is that the base from the first manaward which 10:1 or the base in the left side of the prestige which is 15:1???

Either way: Say you have ~350000 power, if you use the 10:1 you get a ~7mil instant cast ward every 2 mins. This is basically the scaled protection ward in the dragon line, but less useful. If you use the 15:1 base you get a ~10mil ward instance cast every 2 mins. Oh and a pot buff for ~700 . THIS is a class defining spell? I am just at a loss for words that the devs did this to coercers.

Oh and BL get the same type of pet buff and theirs can be used every 2 seconds ours is 120 seconds. Do the devs even know what a coercer is?

Stach
    Earar likes this.
  12. Chillispike Active Member

the pot inc is like 1k as apprentice level, the ratio goes "down" by 100 each spell tier.
    I got the manaward only from AA not the prestige one on top, coz i like ether balance more.
    I have to check if the duration pot increase of the manaward is actually 30 secs, even once the ward got eaten up.
    Prestige specc reduces the base recast of manaward to 2minutes which is with 100% reuse speed down to 1 minute.
    That would mean half of the time a pot increase of 1k - 2k for someone, but due the inflation of potency we have it's a rather small buff effect .. correction: small effect on the long run.
    Let's say someone has 15k potency and you add 1.5k with mana ward that is 10% more potency .. not bad, but ain't as efficient as fervor from other classes

I have to check if the duration pot increase of the manaward is actually 30 secs, even once the ward got eaten up.
    If it goes a away when the 6-7mil ward got eaten up, it will last prolly only for 6-8 seconds instead of the full second duration.
    It could be a nice spell if it would regenerate tier based % every 3 seconds, like 20 apprentice to 60 Ancient of it without draining power for the regen part.

The pet buff is quite decent i must say, at expert level it does 450mil average and did more damage in a 3min dummy fight at 9m range.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

well if the pot goes away as the ward is eaten up .. better maybe to maccro target a dps and give him the ward.

but then the "ward" isn't as usefull

and what do u sacrifice to get the manaward AA ?
  14. Chillispike Active Member

[Sun Feb 12 22:16:27 2017] You say, "casting Manaward on {a player} with potency buff for ya .. doh where is my power gone!"
    0.5 second cast time so active at 22:16:28
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:29 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 297109 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 52431 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:31 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 575359 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 101533 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:33 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 2062629 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 363993 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:35 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 2196643 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 387642 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:37 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 2148527 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 379151 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:38 2017] Sanji's Manaward regenerates 6 points of absorption.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:39 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 173093 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 360490 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:43 2017] Sanji's Manaward regenerates 6 points of absorption.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:43 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 6 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 379151 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:48 2017] Sanji's Manaward regenerates 6 points of absorption.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:50 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 6 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 363006 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:53 2017] Sanji's Manaward regenerates 6 points of absorption.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:54 2017] YOUR Manaward absorbs 6 points of damage from being done to {a player} with 379151 points of damage bleeding through.
    [Sun Feb 12 22:16:58 2017] Sanji's Manaward regenerates 6 points of absorption.

Lasts the whole 30 secs with the trick of regenerating 6 points every 5 secs
  15. Chillispike Active Member

Lot of bleeding through coz the player had a Fury in group so no other wards that reduce the bleeding through
  16. Chillispike Active Member

had Ancient Weave for ae attack a few points, actually you only have to free up 1 point to get it