Is it Possible to have a Crafter Only char ? that doesnt adventure lvl

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Veteranmyth, Nov 17, 2014.

1. beagley Well-Known Member

Sorry but you're incorrect. You need to be L95 Tradeskill level, not Adventure level. I've done Return of Gathering Obsession on several Adventure lower level characters, the lowest being Adv level 50.
    Dulcenia likes this.
  2. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I think you should be able to. It's not terribly practical though. But in keeping with the "play your way" motto, people should be able to choose to be just crafters. I have always felt that you should be able to go through areas based on your tradeskill level without agro if you are sufficient tradeskill level as long as you don't engage anything. Once you engage something you get what you get. But there is no reason if you are a level 60 crafter, you should not be able to harvest in a say level 50 zone without agro as long as you don't attack anything. It seems only fair.
  3. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I think he's actually correct. Before they changed the harvest requirement, you could only harvest to a certain level with each adventure level. Therefore you could not complete the quest before until you reached a certain level. No of course you can complete it at any level. But I do seem to remember when that was not the case.
  4. beagley Well-Known Member

You originally could only harvest in tiers as your skill level increased. As pointed out earlier in the thread, your skill level was capped at the higher of EITHER your adventure level or tradeskill level. However, that wasn't the point I was making:)

For the return of the Gathering Obsession quest, you had to ding Level 90 in Tradeskill before you were offered the quest starter through the mail when entering Thurgadin. Explicitly - your adventure level had no bearing whether you could the Return of the Gathering obsession (or originally on what tier you could harvest) as if you were sufficiently high in Tradeskill it enabled you to do both those things.
    Mermut, Dulcenia and Finora like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Incorrect. I've done the whole quest line up through the Beyond the Grave one that gives the holiday harvest on your pony on many (at least 19, though it might be 20, I can't remember if I updated that last pony) characters only 3 of which are level 95 adventurers. I've got so many ponies I'll never have to fight the harvest crowds on Frostfell again, which makes me incredibly happy ;)

As Beagley stated above me, you actually can't do the Return quest until you are 90 crafter, even if you've done the original questline as an adventurer.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Been here since release & harvesting skill caps have always gone by which ever skill was highest, adventure or crafting. As a high level crafter back when boat rides were still required I always got access to the zones based on my crafting level even so I could continue harvesting, so I was out in Lavastorm/Everfrost harvesting with my level 29 mystic/50 provisioner and in Feerrott with my level 11warlock/50 sage way back in the day. Fun times ;)
  7. Faelan Active Member

As far as the power issue mentioned earlier, just put 10 points into impatience AA (top far left in dragon tab) and since trade skills are considered non-combat, the power issues go away. I don't even have to look at the power bar on my chars when I craft.
    Makes for nice recovery when adventuring too. :)
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

If what you say is true, then I must have been glitched...because I was not able to get the return quest until my adventure level was 95. I was already lvl 95 tradeskiller and tried but the npc would not talk to me until I maxed my adventurer level.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I also did the Return of the Gathering Obsession the week it was released with several low level adventerers who were maxed in TS. My 53 ranger has the upgraded pack pony, and I honestly forget what level she was the week the quest became available.

Edit: Ooops. It was Beyond the Grave I was thinking of. To get The Return of, all you had to do was ding 90 TS, zone into Thurgadin, and you then received a mail message from Qho.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've finished that on all of my tradeskillers too.. including those that are sub 30.