Is it possible to change classes: Warlock to Wizard?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-CoebyWu, Nov 10, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-CoebyWu Guest

53 Warlock, retired. I've tried many times to play it again, but ever since the first big combat revamp I've had zero desire.

I'd like to know what options there are in changing classes. I think I remember you could betray and pick your race again, but you'd lose your spells (adepts, masters). If that's still valid, is it possible to betray to Freeport then betray back to Qeynos? Are there any other options with the new expansion?

Even though I have over 30 Masters and everything else adept III, I really am sick of the Warlock and will never play it again. Maybe having a Wizard would at least be fun once in awhile and I could work it up in levels.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jaroth Cloudwalker Guest

You can betray. The following happens once the betrayal quest is complete.
    • You will become a Wizard.
    • All you you spells will be set back to their starting level.
    • Enjoy the change.
  3. ARCHIVED-RSZ Guest

Not only possible but by all means the way to go.
  4. ARCHIVED-Malice83 Guest

Yeah, I was grouped with a wizard the other day... We were going down SoS to kill Gylton, once I got my debuffs on so I could actually hit the mobs the wizard had already killed them. His dps was insane, I got to do a little damage on the ^ 3 mob encounters down by the ring event thingie, since his fusion was down after oneshotting the first group. But other than that it felt pretty much pointless to be a warlock. I used to manage some awesome dps on raids back before KoS, and I would have done even better if the MA was targeting the named mob in each encounter (usually the mob with the most health) since then my, and everyone elses dps would go up. But alass everyone wants to kill the trash that doesn't actually do anything first, minimizing the raids overall dps, especially warlock dps.
  5. ARCHIVED-RSZ Guest

Be careful talking about it in this forum, most folks who knew their stuff betrayed to wizard, the diehards still here don't like to hear the brutal truth about what wizard can do.
  6. ARCHIVED-Crowbar_Catspaw Guest

Warlocks are outdamaged by so many classes now we are basically tier 3 and its like a dirty little secret that no one wants to admit too. Sure in some situations we can parse high (8 heroic mobs in one encounter) but tell me your not reguarly out damaged by conjurors, assassins, wizards, zerkers, rangers, and bruisers.

I've accepted the fact that warlocks will always be semi-****....and I have much more fun playing now.
  7. ARCHIVED-RSZ Guest

Wait, soon there will be some pet warlock with tons of amends and troubs and coercer deaggros telling you how they rock the parse.
    But yeah, 3rd tier DPS is about right.
  8. ARCHIVED-KabsReds Guest

well I know it's not exactly on topic, but I enjoy my warlock a helluva lot, and i'm thinking perhaps if people don't like what we can do then perhaps they are better off moving to wizard :)

anyway this is actually a personal oppinion, apologies if it angers anyone :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

I enjoy my warlock and I think we have the dps in us, but I think we can do a lot better if they improve aggromanagement and our casting timers.

But it's true, In a regular group mobs die too fast. You have to open up with the big ones or you'll be too late and it's true that you only have a shot when Fusion from the wizard is down.

But, with a paladin or a troubadour I know I enjoy Warlock a lot more.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sluglord Guest

"But, with a paladin or a troubadour I know I enjoy Warlock a lot more."

That's exactly it...'locks are group toons. I love my 70 Warlock (I'm on Venekor, PvP server, Qeynos), but that's because I only play in groups, 90% of the time with a plate tank up front--my wife plays a Fury and our friend plays a Guardian, and we've been together for three servers and two different games so we know each other's roles and tendencies. I'm also in a level 50 guild with plenty of good players to group with. You do have to get used to not topping the parse...but who really cares? And in T7 x4 raids, some warlocks on Venekor do occupy top spots on the parse fairly regularly (they also, um, die a fair amount too :)).
    Apoc and Rift are great PvP spells, our debuffs and group buffs are quite useful, and if you have a good plate tank in front of you and experience healing behind you you can really mess up some groups. But you won't get the satisfaction that Wizzies get of one-shotting stuff, nor will you be able to stop fast-movers from getting away on you as easily, as you can't do the burst damage. But you can still lay down the smack on a PvP group (well, if you don't get resisted, but then that's another story).
    I can see the appeal of a Wizard, with those nasty single-target hits. But Warlocks make whole groups fall down go boom, when properly setup. It's a nice feeling, especially when the other group is six level 70 bots farming plat in BS...sweet stuff.

Carnifax
    Warlock, 70, Bel Vaka
    Qeynos/Venekor