Is it me, or...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Northsidebill, May 16, 2017.

1. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

That's not what the Wiki says.
    "The three actions on the left will effect the durability of the item in some manner. The three actions on the right will effect the progress."
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Taking_up_a_Tradeskill

Not that the Wiki is right by default but it is more often than not.
    And that agrees with my crafting setup.
    I may have moved them around at some point but I'm pretty sure that wasn't to switch sides, just rearranging them within the sides.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Hmm... I've never moved mine and they're the way I said... In fact I've barely ever touched them because I despise crafting.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

Progress is on the right for me...

I routinely will use 1,2,3 for under 20, switching to 3,5,6 for 20-30 (unless of course countering is needed) and finally 4,5,6 for the rest (again unless course countering is needed).

At level 100 I seldom use Durability at all.

Also remember, if what ever you are crafting has the description on the first line - you do not need to finish to the 4th - you can interrupt it and get the item and credit.

You do however, get less XP doing that, but it is a much quicker way of doing things like mass mfging, tinkering and apprentice recipes etc.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Mine are durability on left and progress on right. I use ProfitUI perhaps that is why it is different.
  5. gaymer77 Active Member

I've started several characters and they've all started out the left 3 increase durability and the right 3 increase progress.
    Enoibia likes this.
  6. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Nope - never moved it. It's always been durability left and progress right. Also, my recipe book doesn't open with the N key and I haven't changed that either! And to be clear, I use the default UI also. :)
  7. Alarra Well-Known Member

The one thing I do when I start something is mouse over the buttons and see what they do. Doesn't matter where the buttons are as long as I know what they mean.
    Here are some tips:
    - In the lower levels I have the AA's pre-specced.
    - Focus on Progress unless the 4th bar goes below 50% then focus on Durability.
    - After hitting the reactive (the one you have to hit), hit the remaining 2 progress or durability abilities(depending on the 4th bar health)
    - There is a sound for each increment. When you hear this sound and you don't have a reactive up, press your 3 buttons for progress or durability.
    If you listen to it for a while while watching the blue bar you will know. (Or you can base it on when the blue bar moves)
    -
    Prissetta and Finora like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've just returned to Norrath after about a year off, and when I updated my UI to ProfitCE, the tradeskill buttons had reversed.... durability is on the RIGHT. You can drag-and-drop the buttons to rearrange them as you like. For an decade, the three left buttons were durability, and if that's what your reflexes are expecting, it's annoying.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Prissetta like this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Hmm... n (lower case) is the default keyboard shortcut... wonder why yours isn't reflecting that. You can go into Options and reset it (not in game atm, and I don't remember the exact spot off the top of my head). Or you can set it to something that you prefer...
    Enoibia, Xianthia and Shmogre like this.
  10. santargria Well-Known Member

I use the default UI and mine are the same as yours
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Click the EQII logo at the bottom left, choose <Options>/<Controls>/<Window Keys> then scroll down to <Recipie Book Window> and you can see what keys/buttons its set to, if you click on one of the boxes you can change the key/button just press the one you want to use instead.
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Mine is b - always has been. I have never changed any key bindings. It is weird.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

b is the default for opening bags... weird!
    Shmogre likes this.
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

b wasn't always a bound key, but when it was first made into one it was for Bags and that hasn't changed. You definitely changed the binding even if you didn't mean to.
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I haven't changed anything. I would know if I had. It has always been this way. It is exactly the same for my stepson, also.

Do you think it is different for us because we are in the UK?
  16. Feylone Active Member

I think it is different keybinds for European players. My wife came from across the pond and her keybinds were different from here in the states. Took her a bit to get use to it.
    Enoibia and Prissetta like this.
  17. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Even though I play on the US servers?
  18. Feylone Active Member

I think so. She played on the US servers also. When I would go visit her, it'd throw me for a loop having to mentally remember the keybinds over there. :confused:
    Enoibia likes this.
  19. santargria Well-Known Member

Lovely tone you set for new players coming to the forums.

Talk about begging for attention !
    Feylone likes this.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

When they changed a lot of things to make things more newbie friendly a few years ago, they changed the Persona window (P) to a Character window (C). That that time they also changed the Inventory window (I) to Bags (B). This was quite a few years ago. So depending on which UI settings you use, you could have those set different ways. I got used to P and I and go in and change any characters that are C and B to that so they are all consistent.
    Kittybock and Prissetta like this.