Is EQ2 still worth playing?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Nirrtixx, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Nirrtixx New Member

I signed up for the TLE servers of EQ1 but the zone revamps take the charm out of the game. I am looking to come back to EQ2 and am wanting to know if there is still enough population playing on Kaladim to enjoy the game.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

If some zone revamps took the fun out of EQ1, then Kaladim would be very unsatisfactory if you are wanting an old school feel.
  3. Nirrtixx New Member

Elaborate... I am currently in the isle and it seems normal... I know some things have been simplified over the years and will not go back. I am not worried about that as much as the zones being 100% different.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well yea crafting is for sure not quite as painful anymore , or deadly.
    Anything beyond the island of refuge has changed yes , the villages do not have any more quests like in the old days, there are now 2 versions one just to walk through and one for new quests .
    we have 2 new starter areas for each faction one at the moment , but you can still do all the city quests too like the peat bog
    or the Grave yard. and other such zones.
    the present TLE server will soon unlock KoS
    I have to say just give it a try .
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. Xevran Well-Known Member

Depends what you're looking for. If you're looking to explore zones and experience the story then it's just as good as it ever was. If you're looking to rush to end game and grind heroics/raids then I would consider playing live instead of TLE, heroic/raid content is ridiculously easy on TLE. That might change in future expansions though, I wouldn't know.

Either way I think it's worth the $15 to check it out if you're interested. Even though the difficulty isn't ideal it is still enjoyable to experience the older content with other players.
    Cyrrena, Snikkety, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I think the game is well worth playing. Check it out, try out the different servers and see if there is one that will suit your needs.
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the good news for him is he already had to have a membership to play on a EQ1 TLE server , so come on in give it a try
    and I promise you you don't have to drag my corps through a dungeon.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You need to join a guild so you can get leveling groups.
    Snikkety likes this.
  9. Seth Well-Known Member

Think for the price it costs to join the server and to experience what you will experience is well worth your time and effort. Quite a lot of content, good sized playerbase and active, which is always a good thing to look for, We do have some down sides but every server has those, like the decrease in population before an expansion release, but that's to be expected.

In all Honesty, the game is pretty good were it's at, it's not as super crazy as it was back at launch, crafting taking 6 years or needing every single one to make your 1 item, or coins weighing you down, I feel as though the bad aspects of the game have been removed and what we have now is a pretty decent version / revamp if you will.

We do still have some bad things in the game but they are honestly hardly noticable once you get your mind glued on the game :)
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

In a word....yes!
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

This is one of the few MMOs left that has something for everyone. I would still recommend it and probably will until it dies.
    Siren, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  12. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Classic zones have not been remade graphically like in EQ1, except for Qeynos and Freeport. Freeport will be jarring as hell visually. Most zones have not seen huge content revamps, some zones haven't really been touched ever since launch. Lavastorm and Nek forest are the most extreme cases of having had content rebalanced over the years in classic zones, but visually and thematically remain the same as ever.
    Xevran and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've been playing for almost 15 years, and I still create new level 1 characters from time to time and play them (the TLE servers are great for this). There are still Shattered World quests I have never done, I keep finding more.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa , did you play on " race to Trakanon ?" I promise you if you had done that event server seriously you would have had over 3000 quests just doing Shattered lands , and I got lazy with the last zones .
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I played there Schmet!!!!!
    Siren, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  16. Nuhvohk Active Member

Only a few years ago I discovered a questline in Qeynos Catacombs that leads to talking with Fippy Darkpaw's descendant (not the one from the EoF Soulfire timeline, one that's apparently been in the game since vanilla), and I had no idea such a quest series even existed. There's a lot of interesting things to find when you venture off of the "golden path", even if they don't offer great rewards anymore they're still fun do to for their own sake.
    Cyrrena, Siren, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  17. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes and some are worth doing because they are charming or down right hilarious there are hidden quests and such
    I always liked to stick my nose into everything .
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

And then some of them are that one thundering steppes quest that you have to pick up random glowy spots around THE ENTIRE GAME. (discoed on nagafen... that was a good use of 3 hours, right?)
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the TLE servers. But overall, I love the game. I've taken breaks to go play the next / newest / greatest MMO's ...but I always end back here. Nothing out there is quite like EQ2 & after a hiatus, I'm always like..."Wow...good to be back"
    Cyrrena likes this.