Is Competative Healing (casting Battle Dressing) of Inquisitor broken?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Venora, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Venora New Member

Hi all,

i have just tracked that "type" of healing during a raid. I used CAs and so i had round about 5500 swings (no healing-spells casted by me...was second healer :) ). The descriptions of this AA is telling, that it should triggert at 15% of every combat-swing and heal group as an aere effect. I got:
    * 16 triggers
    * and each trigger only heals 1 groupmember (by the way my inquisitor never healed herself)

Anybody else have similar expirience?

cu,

Venora
  2. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Is your group taking damage? It can only heal if someone has damage to be healed when it triggers. Direct heals go last, so they have to not be at 100% health after all wards and reactives trigger for a direct heal to trigger most of the time.
  3. Venora New Member

oh yes...a lot of damage.
    in sum only "0%" of my complete healing was "competative healing"...
    If i use my reactive heals instead my healing rate is increased dramatically...

Has someone other expriances with that style of healing?
  4. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

I'll poke around on my inquisitor later and double check, but its likely just that it didn't trigger at the right times. Battle Dressing is good to have but its just not very useful anymore these days, unfortunately.
  5. Smashey Well-Known Member

Battle Dressing does nothing with healing mechanics of today. You are either at <100% health for 0.2 seconds or dead.

A 0.29% trigger rate with a duo healer raid setup seems completely reasonable with 2022 mechanics.

It should be changed to a ward or put reactives on group members instead of being a direct heal.