Is Berserker Status Fixed?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Chinadude310, Nov 25, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Chinadude310 Guest

Whenever I go berserker I'm suppose to have lowered defense but increase attack right? But I notice whenever I go berserker I my defense and attack remains the same. Whats up with that?
  2. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

You'll notice that while berserk your combat arts go off faster and recharge faster, thus giving you much higher DPS. Also, when berserk you don't ever parry/block etc. hence the lower defense.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chinadude310 Guest

Oh I see I had a misconception that my AC will be lowered for faster regular swings or have damage added to each swing. Thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Chinadude310 Guest

Wait I just looked at it again and I still parried and stuff while berserk. I don't really notice my skill recharge faster. Hmm.....
  5. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Being berserk does not make your skills recharge any faster. All it does is raise your offense and attack speed while lowering your defense.
  6. ARCHIVED-dragula Guest

Many people are confusing defense and ac, true ac is a part of your defense but it doesnt make all your defense , the best way to check your defense is to inspect yourself not use persona who will shows u your ac only, inspecting someone or yourself you will see your defense.
  7. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

No, Your Skills do not change either...nothing seems to change when you go berserk right now....not even your skill values...where your defense rating is listed....or your Persona stats

So either nothing is suppose to change and Berserk mode is hidden numbers...or there is no effect except Haste when berserk ATM.

Actually there are a LOT of things hosed up with Berserk skills right now...Almost to the point you would think nobody reported any of this stuff in beta...Who knew beta was just about p'lvling and knowing where the lewts were for release...not fixing these class issues ;p

timers on skills..
    too short duration
    too long duration
    too often procs
    no affect to defense or offense....

The whole berserk mode is a big hosed up mess ATM IMO

The wholefocus of the class is about zerk mode...and all you are getting is haste....Im not getting huge damage increase when zerked...and giving me haste and calling it more damage via "Damage over TIme" doesnt cut it.

When I go zerk I want to lob heads off and do big damage...thats what zerk is MORE DAMAGE AND FAST...could also be believed that Berserking would be some amount of ignoring pain... either way when I go Berserk on your **** I want more than some haste....in turn ....I shouldnt be going Berserk left and right for 1 second or 5 minutes at a time....the skill is borked and so is the concept ATM.
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 11-29-2004 08:37 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Actually Arden thats all I did was test the skills and report the problems with them. Be thankful that most work now because it was worse in beta. Also we only had a about a week and half to test the Revamped skill set since they threw it out just before release. What berserk was before was a skill that would up your Sword, Axe and Hammer skills. What happened tho was for those that would use like Shiny Brass Halberd or any type of weapon that didn't deal with those was Berserk did nothing. So TomWells decided to give us Focus Rage which is a proc skill when you take damage. What its supposed to do is raise your offense and attack speed while lowering your defense. I have checked also and don't notice any stats being changed, but I do notice the speed increase with hits. Berserk attack speed is more then the FBSS will be when you get it, but good news they do stack.
    Message Edited by Theyne on 11-29-2004 10:00 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Well, I was speaking specifically at any one person /shrug props to you if you did work on reporting things in Beta...that's what Beta is for...

But it does seem most who play beta's these days don't actually work on the problems...and IMO everything about the Berserk is broke...at least the skills pertaining to berserking.
    At the same time, Ill be thankful for nothing....I dont think I or anyoine needs to play a class that is broken and say, " Man i am thankful this class isn't MORE broken!"
    Sure, I'm an MMO freak, but I also pay-to-play and care about the classes I choose and why...so no I wont sit around and consider how it could be worse...or why in fact things aren't working :)
    I think Ill stick with working towards resolution of the issues that pop up as learn this class.
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 11-29-2004 09:09 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Well not trying to take credit just saying that I busted my butt trying to help make the Berserkers a better class. And IMHO we are a great class. Whatever problems though that still occur let me know I can try and forward some of the stuff to one of the Devs I met in beta.