Intoxication doesn't stay on

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Morte, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Morte Member

According to the description, the ranger spell "intoxication" is supposed to remain on until cancelled. I am finding that it keeps stopping after each fight and needs to be constantly restarted. I don't know if this is a bug or is intentional, but if intentional, the description is wrong.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Ecno Well-Known Member

Its a proc... you add it to your buff stack, the first hit you make procs it on the mob... and for 45 seconds it ticks a DOT on the target it hit. When the reuse timer is back up you can reapply it to your buffs and proc it again.

It is working as it always has... hope this helps you understand the mechanics to use it.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Morte Member

Thank you Ecno,; however, why does it say on the description for the spell "Duration: until cancelled" if I have to reapply it each time?
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Ecno Well-Known Member

Because the Intoxication BUFF portion of the effect that you apply to your character (before it procs) remains on the caster "until cancelled" and will never go away from a set time limit/duration. So if you ran around after applying intox onto your maintained buffs... it will never time out and disappear. Only when you hit a mob and procs does it remove it from your maintained buffs and apply the DOT on whatever you hit.

Hope that makes sense!
    Twyla likes this.