International and EQ2X Battlegrounds temporarily unavailable

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Piestro, May 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Piestro Guest

In applying Game Update 60 we have found an issue with Battlegrounds affecting our International and EQ2X players. Battlegrounds have been temporarily disabled for these players as we address this issue, and we will let you know when we have it resolved.
    Thanks,
    Piestro
  2. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Simple fix: disable international BG (noone plays on them anyway) and allow everyone from international servers to play on the normal English BG (or in other words: enable BG on international players).
  4. ARCHIVED-ajrm007 Guest

Bremer wrote:
    /\

i play them and nearly my whole guild plays bg's (were all from UK) :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

That's great for all people on non-english servers :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

So.. any update on when BGs will be restored?
  7. ARCHIVED-bigzz Guest

So since eq2x players can't access BGs, are we going to get some sort of "make good plan" since everyone else will have gear before anyone on our server?
  8. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

Uh, BGs were unavailable for everyone.
  9. ARCHIVED-bigzz Guest

it says international and eq2x BGs...
  10. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

All BGs were taken down due to an issue with the BG Lobby. They just came back up 1 hour ago. No word on EU/EQ2XZ.
  11. ARCHIVED-bigzz Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    right...so every other server is able to bank tokens for armor, and eq2x is not. So my question is will eq2x be compensated some how?
  12. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

No. Stop being foolish.
  13. ARCHIVED-bigzz Guest

How is that even close to being foolish? All "live" servers are BGing non stop if they wish so they will have a ton of tokens before anyone on extended will even have a chance for tokens. How does it not make sense to compensate us for not being able to BG at the same time as "live"?
  14. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

Why should you be compensated?
    They could leave battlegrounds down forever if they felt like it.
    You wouldn't deserve any compensation even then.
  15. ARCHIVED-bigzz Guest

SoE has released a new BG system, but due to technical difficulties only certain servers can access BGs. So the people who can access BGs farm them like crazy and buy as much armor as possible. The people who are SoL just sit around and wait for it to be fixed. Ok now it's fixed, but sorry extended you guys are going to get rolled by the people who have been farming BGs for the last 2 days and are half geared already.

Come on now, that isn't very fair
  16. ARCHIVED-nicolas26450 Guest

hello,

Battlegrounds are still down on Storm server (Eu live) our char are still getting stuck when we try to zone in Champion's respite.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

bigzz wrote:
    How does that effect you? It doesn't, unless I missed some update that allowed you to BG with normal subscribers.
    It doesn't matter if they get all the gear in the world since you'll never be fighting them.
  18. ARCHIVED-bigzz Guest

Peak@Nagafen wrote:
    We have been told we are merging with live servers for BGs, so yes it DOES affect us.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

No one is going to have a full set of gear or even close to it.
    You have no reason to complain. People who have been doing them for hours still aren't close to having 10k faction even, let alone 40k or 50k.
    You're making a big deal out of nothing.
  20. ARCHIVED-bigzz Guest

No, your the one making a big deal of nothing. I simply made a request that had nothing to do with you yet you decided to troll my post for no reason as all.