Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Gregore Active Member

How about a double XP weekend this coming weekend to make amends for this major screw up SOE? I've been unable to play for the past two days and would like a bone tossed my way, probably much like a lot of other players. I've stuck with this game since launch, through all the BS. Toss us a bone!
  2. arturos Active Member

I realize that mistakes happen and we all should be patient and hold hands. That is a perfectly fine excuse for when your neighbor forgets to water your dog while your on vacation for a day or something. Why you say? Because your not paying for the service. I am sorry SOE but going to the wrong email box is bush league at best. I know that your trying to be cute and casual but that statement just showed how un organized your organization really is in day to day operations. How can you honestly function when you cant even remember to pay your domain bill??

Now that i have gotten that rant off my chest. I would like to say that I realize that you are trying your best and that there are much larger fish to fry than paying your domain bill. I am using my wife's computer as a test machine for how long it takes before this resolves naturally. Needless to say 48 hours without EQ2 is causing her withdrawals, well she has other games to play so not that bad. I just hope i can convince her to keep playing eq2.

poor form you guys should be better than this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

48 hours? well i guess if no one bothers to check eq2wire or the forums or to put any of the suggestions to work they might still be down. Yes a service is provided that we pay for. However, when you have ways to fix something and you take no action but sitting back and blaming the provider, isn't that a little more your own fault? we have a responsibility too. responsibility to make sure we do everything we can do on our end before getting upset. and no, they really don't owe us anything to make up for this. if your lights go out for awhile do you demand the electric company make it up? after all, you will never know if the blackout was a blown transformer or a forgotten bill somewhere in the electrical provider's office. either way, we take blackouts as a fact of life and we pay much more for those hours than we do for the hours missed on the game.

yeah it may take awhile for the actual servers to get to everyone, but even in Brazil they are able to get on by making a few simple adjustments. your excuse is?
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Just saying' but if someone forgot to give my dog water for 'a day or something', I'm going to be far more upset than I'd ever be over some game access issue, ahem, priorities, and all.

Someone made a mistake at SOE, companies do that. It's embarrassing for them, I'm sure, because yes, that was a stupid mistake on their part. Lol, loosing your domain name, so bad its comical. But it's not like anyone was harmed, and I think it took Feldon all of a few hours to list the fix. So this is hardly a tragedy, by any standards, nor a reason for payback, retribution, or ire.
    suka likes this.
  5. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Actually Suka the electricity going out is an inappropriate comparison as electricity is billed by usage so any outage would be unbilled anyway. No a better comparison would be your cable bill, and yes if my cable went out for two days due to something my provider did I would expect a lower bill, or some other consideration for loss of a service I pay for unlimited access to (minus normal maintenance). This was not anything that would be considered normal, and I do not find the previous poster's request out of line, demanding that a provider of a paid for service make good their mistakes is one time I think demanding something is appropriate.
    Sandyfoot likes this.
  6. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

Not everyone knows to go to EQ2 wire or elsewhere for information. And, we shouldn't have to muck around in our computer files to fix something that we did not cause, and some individuals simply refuse to touch system files.

It's really a sad commentary when excuses are made for an international business with one of the highest name recognitions in the world. This is not simply a "game company". They are a part of SONY Corporation.

48 hours is a big issue if, during that time, a percentage of players pick up another game and decide not to come back. 48 hours is a big issue if potential sales from the SC Marketplace are lost due to this problem.

48 hours is long enough for individuals to rethink if they want to spend additional money.

"Time is Money" and lost time is lost revenue for any company.

I'm just glad the problem is resolved and All Access Members are getting compensated for 2 days and I do hope things are in order so this doesn't happen again because I do love the game.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

And it all worked perfectly, both forums and getting back into game!! Many thanks to both Feldon and Suka :D
    suka, Feldon and Avahlynn like this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

A few of us had guessed that someone wasn't watching the e-mail account where domain renewal/expiration notices go. He just confirmed it, and I do give a point for that, as SOE of the past would just deny everything or try to recharacterize it.

If you think about the number of e-mails that SOE must receive per day, it's probably a staggering amount. You can bet that after Tuesday, at least 2 different people are monitoring the domain notices e-mail address. ;)

And don't ask me if I've ever let a crucial domain expire. ;) Only took me an hour and a half to get it back up and running. Fortunately I was registered with a company that just let the traffic go nowhere instead of putting up the "This domain is parked" page that we all saw and which wreaks havoc on trying to reclaim it in a timely manner (the aforementioned 48 hours).
    Finora and suka like this.
  9. Dysnomia New Member

flushdns did not work, editing the hosts file worked. i got onto live, patched and seem to be 100%. Now the only issue is i can not get on the beta server. Any ideas?
  10. suka Well-Known Member

if you followed my instructions and it didn't work - the changing of the dns, the flushdns and registerdns at a heightened command prompt, and then unplug modem, reboot computer and plug modem back in -
    and you still can't get on test or beta, then you may have to either ask for tech support to help or wait until they say all systems everywhere are up . as i understand it, systems are up. so maybe tech support?
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

Suka thanks for the help. i was able to log back thanks to you. i didn't use those IP adresses i just set it up to auto-aquire an DNS address and managed to get a 'good' DNS server.
    suka likes this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

yw
    really though i have to credit the mention of it by someone on another site who mentioned that sometimes the dns should be reset to a public server when there were problems. I then researched it on the internet to find the server address and how to do it.
  13. shefty New Member

I just want to weigh in on this today is 7-16-2014 I have be having this same issue for what seems like awhile and I am still having it I don't feel that it is my jobe to have to go in and fiddle with my computer for an issue that is not my fault. I.E. I did not break it but I continue to pay for it seems silly. However I am grateful for the 2 days of premium time that have been given but for me that's not the point the point is is that I still can not log in after being told in the forum that the problem has been fixed what do I pay for is what I am wondering. Anyways im not mad just would like to play my game so until it is fixed completely I guess I will diminish into the mist and go and play one of my other games.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

if it is fixed and you can't get on, which they say it is, call the office and talk to technical support. they work with you to resolve such issues. don't sit by and not be able to get into the game. there will always be a few who need their help to get in.
  15. Maergoth Well-Known Member

I have to keep flushing my DNS. Pretty lame, but whatever.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

i haven't had any problems since fixing mine. but then, i didn't mess with the host files. If you are still having problems, do call the office. i know the wait times may be long but sometimes you simply need tech support to fix what is wrong.
  17. Solomon New Member

Hehe.... Someone made a DNS boo-boo!

I fear for that person's safety today. :|

But really, I think it's good for the end-user too.

We tend to get wrapped up in these games, spending many more hours on it than we should... And having it not available for an entire day ends up being a bit of a reality-check for us.

He who was angriest, needs to be the most concerned about himselves... lol!

If instead, you're reading and saying, "Oh! So THAT's what happened!", and let out a laugh, congratulations -- your life is finnne!
    Rhodris, suka and Tariya like this.
  18. Begonia New Member

So you knew we couldn't access this forum to read this post, and it didn't occur to anyone to post on the support page after the 15th? And here's me telling my ISP it has to be their fault because Sony would never just leave us for two days without any further information.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

that is what people are complaining in another thread about. they didn't leave us with no information- they posted it on FACEBOOK and TWITTER - where a lot of us would never go.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

All SOE websites were impacted. If you can't reach one, you can't reach any of them. So where would you have SOE post the info?