Interface Glitch - Krono

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Smite, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Smite Active Member

I had an odd interface or database glitch this week when removing a Krono I had up on the broker which never made it to my character sheet.

A Krono went into the ether somewhere but it wasn't mistakenly listed as sold on my broker page nor present on my character sheet nor utilized for game time on my account.

I'm not sure if Kronos have a digital serial number so Daybreak can watch their movement and lifespan internally on their servers.

Ultimately at present I assume there's no way to prove I didn't trade it with another player thus there's not much CS can do to help me directly. If it had a digital serial number it would be a trivial matter to see where it was at with nearly zero CS time.

I'm > $500 into EQ2 since Oct 2018 so an Andrew Jackson going MIA isn't going to alter my engagement with the game but it was unexpected enough to post.
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Make a support ticket with all your existing logfileentries for the thimestamps for checking this
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Dude like this.
  3. Smite Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

Does one normally just zip the folder /Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/EverquestII/logs or do we use eq2log_charactername.date.date.date?

It appears I have 11 log files - 5 for my main with recent timestamps and 6 others for alts.

My initial instinct would be to just attach the singular eq2log_charactername which is current and has the present 08/20/2019 to 08/07/2019 which would have the relevant flows in and out.

This would be a good starting point or should I zip the whole folder?

I was slow to do this given that it's only $18 and someone at Daybreak is going to spend at least 30 min combing the files which in California dollars is probably a negative number for them.

The new Arcade model for EQ2 will work for a bit and $18 won't break me but this glitch actually made me go the account page and add up how much I was actually spending on EQ2. $500-$1000 per active endgame player is way more than the old days for sure.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You do not even have to give them the log files. They can see how many kronos you have purchased, either with money or from the broker, they can see how many you have used or traded and they can see how many you should have left and it does not require them to comb through log files.
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

One of the other sides to this is that it happened once to you, but what if it happens again? What if it's happening to others? Most importantly what if it's an undiscovered issue in the system. Let them search and figure out what happened and go from there.

It was thoughtful and kind of you to work out why you didn't want to get a petition in there.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  6. Smite Active Member

I already did the "no log file" approach, thus my original suggestion to internally serial code them for ease of tracking.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Smite Active Member

I also was thinking this but there are only 3 interpretations at the moment:

a) I dropped the ball and accidentally listed it for 0c and it sold without listing as sold on my broker window

b) A true glitch exists due to unforeseen coding or database calling

c) Internal policies that slightly modify - integrity of transactions - exists
    _ _ _

I think "a" is truly unlikely given I can't see it on my Broker history in game, "b" is probably what is really going on, but "c" does exist in some business forms.

I'm on their side /give benefit of doubt, but given how Landmark/EQN and an assortment of other revenue sensitive policies were applied historically anyone 2 steps from reporting to the owners may have significant pressures on them that may make their perspectives more "flexible." The average worker bee wouldn't be in the loop if this were true and wouldn't be assigned to it.

Given that we can't take "Gus Gorman" Krono skimming from the Krono Sea as an impossibility, nor ignore the fact there's quite alot of internal network/database calling that could be a real glitch it would be far more efficient to just trivialize Krono creation, custody, and expenditure to monitor the aggregate rather than zoom into one player, one zone, one day, one interface window.

That's assuming such a internal system doesn't already exist but as a player there is no way to know.

I think their hands are busy enough with the new expansion, the Mobile collaboration, and the break back to their own business unit EQ1/2. If someone 2 steps from the top got some inspiration from Superman 3 it will all zero out in the end.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

One thing i know is the fact some years ago a lot of Kronos were revoked because of a revoke of the payments of the Kronos from an unkown player. Thats's why i lost some of my platin bought Kronos in my inventory without any refund.

Sadly EQ2 does not always log all the transactions to broker window, but if you know then it happend an on which char extract the log, attach it to your petition so daybreak can try to find it in the serverlogs

Here in forum nobody can really help you, the only way is a specified petition with all your Information so they can
    retrace the problem in the serverlogs
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

Option "a" is not even a possibility, as selling an item with no cost is not allowed on the broker (it must have a cost of at least 1cp).

One time I was setting the price of a stack of 5 kronos and suffered a brief glitch with my nerves that caused my fingers to twitch uncontrollably, which resulted in a price that was intended to be in platinum instead being set to a much, much lower value. Before I could cancel that mistake, they sold for a mere fraction of the intended amount. Fortunately for me, CS was able to return my kronos, with a stern warning to be more careful in the future (as if a neurological twitch was controllable in the first place!)