interesting decision (open test server)

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-nat_lyte, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Brega Guest

So not even a yes or no on the offer to move? I don't think anyone here is ready to pull up stakes yet, more just wondering what will happen if it comes to that.
    Brega.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kwoung Guest

Brega wrote:
    I wouldn't expect an answer, they ignored my question in the Summit forum as well.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kirstie Guest

Brega wrote:
    At this point we have no plans to close or change the Test server. Because of that we have not made any decisions on what would happen in the hypothetical situation that we did close or change the test server.
    - K
  4. ARCHIVED-Badtidings Guest

I started on Test for purely selfish reasons (the server merges just made the live servers too crowded for my tastes and I enjoy multi-boxing without hearing someone call me an 'asian plat farmer' every 15 minutes).
    Once I got to Test, I was very pleased to discover that there were some very nice, helpful people there who used full sentences and discoursed maturely on almost any topic. I participated in my first ever beta test because of Test, and because of the respect I developed for the community, I tried to be a better Test citizen by reporting /bugs (occasionally), and providing /feedback (more often than /bug). I betrayed when betrayal needed testing, I rolled new classes, and I now have something like 7 level 70's and almost a couple of thousand total levels sitting there.
    I had also given up on raiding a lonnnngg time ago (think Velious expansion), and I was glad to have the opportunity to be coerced into raiding again because of the test environment's willingness to take just about anybody on a raid :). I can't say that I personally found any raid bugs, but I can at least say I threw my spells and swords around when I could so that others could find them.
    On the whole, I cannot think of a time that I have played EQ or EQII that has been as enjoyable as my time on Test.
    For that experience, I thank you wholeheartedly. For your continued support, I thank you, as well. I plan to be around on Test as long as test will have me.
    No real point to this post other than I thought it would be good if somebody said 'thanks' without a 'but' at the end of it :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

Kirstie wrote:
    On that note, thank you, Kirstie, and I sure hope and wish it will stay that way.
    I'd also not mind to see more Dev requests here again .-)
    Purr~
  6. ARCHIVED-Brega Guest

Thanks for replying Kirstie.
    Brega.