Intentional?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-aarddave, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

Part of me agrees with this, I like that I as a player have to make choices about my equipment. But whether I agree or not is not my point in this post, but rather the inconsistency among the armor types. The heavy armor set called 'Plate' has STA/WIS/INT as it's stats. The chain armor set called 'Brigandine' has STA/WIS/INT as it's stats. The leather armor set called 'Woven' has STA/WIS as it's stats. So if the idea is that a set with INT+WIS is a 'one stop shop' for the player and this is not the intention, I wonder why 4 out of 6 priest classes has this 'one stop shop' and 2 out of 6 priest classes do not have it. I have been an advocate for consinstency in tradeskilling for a long time, and I would honestly like some consistency here also. So either bring the plate and chain set in line with the leather set, or bring the leather set in line with the chain/plate set. Frankly I understand if druid players feel a tad slighted. Because it feels like 'the crafting devs'* are saying one thing but their actions are saying another thing (the actual crafting products). * I used the notation 'the crafting devs' because I'm unsure who is who, who says what and who decided how those armor set should look like. So I used a hopefully generic term that is understandable ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Maybe it's a balance because the Druid Priests do more offensive damage than the Cleric and Shamam ones? I say that as an attempt to guess the original motivation for the stats when introduced, not as a justification to keep them as they are or to start a Priest war
  3. ARCHIVED-agressiv4 Guest

[p]My point is that my fury has difficulty finding unique +INT gear. I dont care if its leather or if its cloth. I see good gear that mages wear and I cant wear it because its mage only. If they dont wish to create more INT-related druid gear, allow us to wear the mage-only gear. I really dont see many classes other than druids that actually WANT to wear cloth INT gear.[/p][p]Seeing it from the other side - remember the days when a mage BP didn't even have INT on it? Thats how its like for us, except its on EVERY slot. Ironic, because even chain and plate now have INT gear, both crafted and dropped. Leather is the only gear that doesnt have it. Yes, I've seen a few pieces here and there, but certainly not much.[/p][p]Right now, yes, we could wear tailored cloth gear for INT, but its simply not unique enough in the higher teirs to bother.[/p][p]agressiv [/p]