INT Affecting damage?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Fepple, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

All they time I've been waiting for the combat update I've been excited about our INT doing something. I've been looking forward to chucking away my AGI gear and being a proper mage.

But with all the worries about our spells being changed round nobody seems to have commented on the affect our INT has.

Has anyone seen a thread on this that I'm just missing?

...If only they let us copy our characters to test, I think the end product warlock would be something we are all a lot happier with :smileysad:
  2. ARCHIVED-Arrowheart Guest

I haven't seen a specific post on how much INT is affecting spells but I haven't really looked either. Just by looking at figures that Kalabus (50 Warlock of Ascendance) posted in his screenshot / feedback thread of how it currently is on test:

Going from 235 to 267 INT (his first post in thread was 267 and one with screenshots 235) a rough difference of 3.2% for 32 extra INT. I can't verify but it appears to be with each 10 INT you get 1% increase in spell dmg. This was taken from his word description of Nil Distortion and then the screenshot of it in his posts at each INT amount.
  3. ARCHIVED-QQ-Fatman Guest

I remember reading about str -> physical dmg bonus:
    100 = +25% dmg
    200 = +35% dmg
    300 = +45% dmg
    400 = +55% dmg
    I believe int works the same way like str.
  4. ARCHIVED-Arrowheart Guest

You are correct on your figures for how str bonus "currently" works, that system will no longer be true after the revamp.

Under the new system it will be attackers str vs the opponents agility for determining bonus dmg (melee), and have yet to see an official statement on how the formula will work. No official example / formulas released for any of these yet. And its very possible that anything you see on test even at the moment could change before it goes live so the current estimate I listed above is only a guideline based on 1 persons increase in INT and spell delve info.

Haven't seen this covered yet but its also easier to tell now how upgrading a spell affects the chance to land the spell from the new delves on test:

App1 = 19% extra chance to be resisted
    App2 = 10% extra chance to be resisted
    App3 = No penalty / no bonus
    App4 = extra 10% chance to land
    Adept1 = extra 19% chance to land
    Adept3 = extra 39% chance to land
    Master1 = extra 59% chance to land
  5. ARCHIVED-TheLout Guest

Nice my master 1 chaotic Maelstrom should rock now. :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-The Banff Guest

I sure hope that it is teh same for int i woudl like for my int affect my dmg beacuse i have 137 int and ive seen lcl 40+ with less than me so ya, that would be good more dmg is good.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ivoryrose Guest

This is interesting. Define the term physical damage bonus in reference to Strength.
    Is that the damage done by spells?
    I would never attempt to meelee. If this is what you are referring to.
    Please clarify this information.
    I have a mid-level Warlock alt that I Love to play and just find fascinating :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Arrowheart Guest

Physical = melee dmg (does not apply to spells)
    Currently there is no bonus to spell dmg, only way to increase it on live servers is to upgrade the spell. When the revamp hits, when Desert of Flames is released next month, we will finally get our bonus which will be based on INT and its only a rough estimate based on current info on test that will be every 10 INT = 1% bonus dmg (estimate taken going from 235 to 267 INT, +32int increase for a 3.2% increase in spell dmg from delve info). This could be changed before going live or figure may be different and scale in a different way for other amounts etc, I am just giving a rough estimate on someone elses info that was shared.