Installing game on new cpu - Where are my UI settings?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Suleymin, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Suleymin New Member

Guys I am in a jam. Santa brought me a new CPU so I downloaded EQ2 onto the new cpu drive. Booted the system, game loaded and ooops... UI settings for only 3 of my my characters. SO I downloaded the entire EQ2 directory from the old cpu to a flash drive and copied those files into the proper folder on the new CPU. Now I have all my characters listed but still no UI settings.

I am an older fella who needs step by step directions on how to install the game to a new CPU with ALL the UI settings for all my characters. I certainly do not look forward to setting up 11 characters one by one.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

In game, try typing:

/load_uisettings

and that will bring up a list of all your characters that already have UI settings on that PC. Then you can click on the character name (with server name to the right) that you want your UI to turn into.

Otherwise, you can also copy your characters from your old PC by backing them up from, then dropping them into the new PC at:

(on Windows 10) Users/Public/Daybreak Games/Installed Games/Everquest 2 then scroll down a ways til you see the files listed alphabetically:

server name_character name_eq2_uisettings.xml

I hope this is what you were asking for.
    Forestchild likes this.