Installed KoS, registration key "invalid" on My Account?

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Starman, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Moonstar Guest

Mine still doesn't work *sniffles and pouts*
  2. ARCHIVED-`Laqueta Guest

Thanks for keeping us updated and getting this all corrected :smileyhappy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Mistymorn Guest

This is the way customer service should always work, you need to send a reference of this thread to the powers that be...thank-you Cory, you have undone alot of bad feelings i was having towards SOE. I know this particular issue may not have been an SOE creation, but you sir are a saint! A little thoughtfulness and communication goes a loooong way. Thank-you i am off to install rather than return!
  4. ARCHIVED-FlintAH Guest

Well for phone support it was kind of crappy. They told me servers were down and I couldnt register my key til they were up. Told them that was not true. She said that was all the info she had and refused to help any further.
  5. ARCHIVED-Azuresky Guest

All my keys are working now thank you.
  6. ARCHIVED-FlintAH Guest

Got way farther w/ web chat:

[edit] Manny is a great tech, but we still don't allow the conversations with CSRs to be posted on the forums. I'll let him know you appreciate the help. [/edit]
    Message Edited by TSR-Cory S on 02-21-200611:38 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-treasterbr Guest

as of 1:29 PM CST my account key for both boxset I bought from Gamestop are still not working
  8. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

I have 2 good keys now !!!! WOOOT! GJ guys
  9. ARCHIVED-Ashynn Guest

Moonstar,
    did you purchase your game from GameStop as well?
  10. ARCHIVED-Moonstar Guest

EBGames. And I am getting the Invalid Code error not the consumption one. I have only entered it twice.
  11. ARCHIVED-treasterbr Guest

BOO YAH BABY NOW TO GET SERVER UP AND LEVEL SO I CAN NUKE MY GUILD LEADER BACK TO ISLE OF REFUGE
  12. ARCHIVED-FlintAH Guest

Yall kick [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. Im good to go now.
  13. ARCHIVED-Xecros Guest

Having worked at all tier levels of Helpdesk, I can tell you customers like you are very aggravating.

You actually suffered from 2 very different problems. The first one being, you couldn't register your cd-key which gave you the, "invalid key", error message. This problem was SOE's fault, and has been fixed.

The 2nd problem was, when you tried too many times to register the cd key, you created your 2nd problem, you locked your key which was indicated by the error message, "You have exceeded the number of times allowed for key consumption". This problem was your fault, although, if it weren't for the first problem, you never would have suffered this problem. This problem requires a different fix altogether.

To you, I'm sure, it looked like just one big problem. You couldn't register your cd-key. But any intelligent individual would have noticed the differing error messages has you tried to register your key. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that when the error messages changed, you may have exacerbated your problem and what the differing error message said just might be important to tech support.

Conveying these error messages to technical support is EXTREMELY important has the error message, in most cases, can tell the technician exactly what's wrong.

In the future, it would be wise to remember this.

Xec
  14. ARCHIVED-Ashynn Guest

Okay, Issue resolved...

the problem was that the little sticker's ink had not stuck properly, and the horizontal bar part of the letter G was gone (as well as part of the next letter, but I was able to easily decipher that one) which rendered it into a C. I started looking at the sticker carefully, and noticed that the top part of the misprinted letter seemed to curve over to the right slightly more than the C on it, and thought I'd try something different since I wasn't getting any results going the way that I was going.

Huzzah! :)
  15. ARCHIVED-FlintAH Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Moonstar Guest

NM... I am a big nublet and was entering the wrong damned code this whole time *sighs*
  17. ARCHIVED-Rayhven Guest

Mine now worked like a charm, thanks so much guys for getting on this problem and gettin' er done!
  18. ARCHIVED-Brazarik Guest

ok, i preorded the digital download and assumed it would load using the patcher. I did not receive a digital download key. Am I missing something or should it all work just fine? Alot of new files downloaded this morning but i did not notice how long it took or if any of it was KoS stuff. I just patched and left the room. Are there any other people out there that bought the digital download and confirm that this is the way it works? Thanks !!!
  19. ARCHIVED-Cadu Guest

Both my wife's and my keys are now working!! You are my hero Cory - please let me have your babies!! :smileyvery-happy:
  20. ARCHIVED-FlintAH Guest

If you got SOE DigiDL you dont need a key. If you got Ubisoft you do.