inspired daring and the next update

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-PakMonyet, May 20, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-PakMonyet Guest

Okay, so I've read the producer's farewell letter......

LOL....can someone clue me in to what is going on here!?

What does the change to Inspired Daring (Insight) really entail?

Can someone explain in newbie speak so I can understand it, please.
  2. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

As it stands currently our Inspired Daring line is considered a spell and thus checks against spell crit for critical attacks.
    With GU52 it will be changed to a melee attack and will check against melee crit instead of spell crit. This will improve its damage potential greatly depending on how much crit you have.
  3. ARCHIVED-PakMonyet Guest

Great info....Thanks Odeius!

This looks like a great change for us......as a melee focused class its good to see things checking the melee crit instead of spell crit!
  4. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Ya, now to get poisons to actually use STR instead of INT for the base damage mod... sigh
  5. ARCHIVED-Raidyen Guest

Swashbuckler
    • The Inspired Daring line will now use melee effect modifiers instead of spell modifiers

My question is wouldnt this include our Melee Dmg Mod, and Base Damage increases? Currently on test it is not getting benefits from either.
  6. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Deekin@Venekor wrote:
    I agree, it should get benefits from everything that our CAs get.
  7. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

urgthock wrote:
    In regards to poisons in GU52, did I read if correctly in that they will no longer crit? Or was that only a predator skill nerf?
  8. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

BaronVonPitviper wrote:
    Yes, poisons will not crit anymore unless you have a specific aa (like the predators now do) or a set bonus specifically to created to make them crit. If you aren't a predator then you pretty much won't be criting poisons anymore.