"Insert random RoK instance here" looking for "solo" healer

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-TimUK, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-TimUK Guest

Hi all, it has become increasingly hard to find groups on my 80 warden due to groups on my server now vouching for a "solo" healer (shammy/cleric) meaning i have to wait around, sometimes all day because a certain healer does a better job then me, they are even starting to ask for solo healers in RE2 now, because a shammy/cleric can do so much of a better job at keeping the tank up that, why not get more dps instead of a warden that brings nothing but heals to the group.

Is there anything that is being planned in the future to give wardens some much needed love.
    At least a fury has the dps to fall back on, and their buffs are better then ours! you need to sort this class system out, it used to be quite well balanced (a long time ago) and for a game that says it try to balance everything out it doesnt look like your doing a very good job, you just need to look at the ranger forums to find that peice of information out.
  2. ARCHIVED-branvil Guest

Preach it brother!
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?&topic_id=421872
  3. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

Not intending to sound rude, but why don't you solo heal the instances?
    Let me just add here...There's no reason as a warden that you can't solo heal the majority of the RoK instances. I agree wardens need help in a raid setting- and maybe even dps for solo- though I can do enough to solo non-heroics, even groups of them, easily. But in group instances, where healing is what's needed, wardens do just fine. Wardens have an incredible pure healing potential, and virtually unlimited power with the epic and plenty of crit gear- we won't dps much, but if you are solo healing the more difficult instances you will be chain healing anyway.
    Just because someone's a shaman or cleric doesnt make them an inherently better healer, the class will always be limited to the person at the keyboard. You have the tools at your disposal to do the job.
  4. ARCHIVED-oshun_x Guest

I have to second the above posted in that I have solo healed every ROK instance except for RE2 with no problem so far as a warden. I actually prefer solo healing as it is more challenging and makes me play my toon to the fullest of what she was intended to do. I also rather get it done quicker with the extra DPS around. And as a note, I am not a decked out hardcore raider. AD3s, just a couple masters.
  5. ARCHIVED-Anfauglith Guest

I've done every single instance with only a druid healing and no mezzer so those people looking for "solo" healers may wanna either learn to play...or try to get tanks that do...bwt our tanks are still far away from full fabled and have, at best, t2 gears (we're still trying to kill OK and VS).

Of course for RE2 most people will want 2 healers...but they can all do the trick. I'm not a druid but I hate it when some people underestimate a class that badly...

On the other side, there's a real ton of very bad players playing dr00d because they tend solo faster than other healers which doesn't help give you guys a good name...
  6. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

I have to agree with the above posts also in that wardens can solo heal any RoK instance and even the tougher dungeons (deep chardok or deep seb) but a lot depends on group make up for any healer solo healing an instance. If you have a tank not geared up well, it doesnt matter what class it is, they cant be solo healed in the harder zones.
    The perfect group set up for any healer to solo heal is a well geared MT, crowd control usually chanter or troub, the healer of course, and 3 well geared dps one of which can also rez for when they pull agro and die (takes more mana to rez then to heal the MT should be the only getting more then group heals. One of the dps can provide additional hate to the tank if not using a coercer like an assasin or swashy.
  7. ARCHIVED-Beotar Guest

Mostly I hear "looking for 2nd healer" (and that healer should usually be chain or plate). I would much rather join a group looking for a solo healer, because that is probably not a crap group with no tanking abilities, low dps, and a useless first healer. Wardens have such an arsenal of heals at their disposal that we should not play second fiddle to anyone in an instance. But there is a world full of bad druids, just as there are groups that are not good enough overall. If you are not in the "bad druid" category, then make yourself a nice fat /friends list of ppl that do their job well, and go from there. PUGs are ever so often just a disaster about to unfold.
    Tunare's Blessings!
    Zuiya Silverfern
    Warden with a Licence to Heal
    <
    Insomnia>
    Permafrost

(Edited colour, difficult to read)
  8. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Oakum wrote:
    Perfectly expressed, IMO. I solo heal pretty much everywhere we go (which is nice for priest lootz ::grin::). But I have an amazing tank, insane dps and am usually buffed by a troub, if not an illusionist. Both classes turn me into pretty much 2 healers. I solo heal RE2 with the group of: amazing tank, insane warlock, troub, dirge, illusionist, me.
    I'm wearing a few nice things, but not incredibly uber stuff, and am sort of mastered - since, as we know, our single target heals in M1 T8 dont exist. The deal breaker is the rest of the group...and that I pay attention, and it's still pretty tough.
    A shammy or cleric could not do a 'better' job than me. I have Templar, Defiler and Warden. I know I could solo heal pretty much most of RoK as a Warden (given a decent group). I am not that confident of being able to on the other 2 healers (given the same group). Same person behind the toon. As group and instance healers, Wardens are very good. It's in the raid department we'd like some love.
    That said, I'm amazed at how many people at level 80 don't have a clue how to play their classes. If you get into a pug, that's often the case since those that do have the aforementioned fat friends list and don't need to. There are always the few that DO know how to play, that don't group with a regular bunch of friends due to time constraints. The few times that all those people come together in that one magical PuG...is worth the wait, though.
    I think for your dilemma, the problem is more that: there are more druids on most servers than other kinds of healers. If a group is "LF a non-druid healer", it's not that they dont want you...a Warden...it's probably that they already have one.