Insect Jammer

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mercychalice, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Why couldn't we have retained this recipe after the tradeskill line was done? This could have been the most useful recipe we could have gotten from the tradeskill line, because it would have allowed tradeskillers to harvest in the heroic shik'nar caves in peace. /sad face
    AOE1, Zynt, Sigrdrifa and 1 other person like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

^ so much this.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I agree as well but you can't pull a rare or get a shadowed node in there.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

why not?
    they're harvest nodes just like the ones outside.
  5. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I don't know why but I leave any character w/o maxed harvesting on that step to skill up and none of them have pulled a rare. All are easily able to pull rares in the overland zones. With jumping creepers running at about 50% chance.

I'm assuming that the extremely high density of nodes and the lack of danger/competition is why it rares were disabled.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

They were speaking of keeping the jammer for the regular hive (underground tunnel in the blinding) and not for the instanced hive (where you can't pull up rares by design, it's meant to level up and give you access to raw materials easily at the start of the timeline).
    It would be nice to keep it (especially as there are shadow nodes spawning inside) but it would feel like an exploit in my opinion (not that crafters don't need some love!)
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

My luck must have been terrible. I've tried searching for the shadowed nodes there and haven't had any yet.
    It's a risky place and eventhough can fly through most of the zone some of the tunnel entry guards can aggro you.
    I can't see myself harvesting there for shadowed nodes since the time spent after harvesting one node would be spent dodging mobs :D
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had a char doing the adv timeline after the TS one before the changes to the staff (so had the full 5 minutes inside and could gather the goo), that's when I checked.
    It would be nice if that area was excluded for shadow spawing.
    Quillyne likes this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

if your stuff isn't leveled up, this is why you're not pulling any rares. it wouldn't make sense to disable them in a limited area.
  10. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I commented that it made sense to be disabled in the instance. There's no competition or danger in there. I spent 2 hours in there with my main who is 1100+ harvesting, 100% bountiful, 33% rare chance and no rares were harvested. Not even on roots which I have almost 2k of at this point. That's why I commented that, in my experience, you can't pull rares in the instance. I could be wrong, I am a whole lot.

I'm speaking of just the instance not the hive area in overland Blinding. You can absolutely pull rares in there.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i'm not talking about the instance. i'm talking about the overland caves themselves. it'd be nice to be able to jam those bugs with a tradeskilled jammer to harvest. the instance you don't get back after you've completed the timeline, so I don't care so much about harvesting in there. my op pertains to the overland caves themselves, after the tradeskill line has been completed.
    AOE1 likes this.