Inquistitor - can we be useful for something please?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Grimble, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Grimble Member

So after once again forcing myself through the trauma of starting an expac with doom and gloom .... Destroying pretty much everything I had worked for previous expansion and then forcing me to to database type calculations on aug replacement as normal.... once finished I just logged out. (This is my normal experience of an expac start these days - i hate actually doing the total gear change and it makes me resent new expacs immediately)

So, I return and during adventuring then find as an INQ that is full melee specced and with melee auto bonuses applied that my auto now does < 2% of my total dps. So, I now only have 3 spells that do 75% of my damage (rest are default type procs) and i am still unable to see any of my reactive heal spells feedback / timers. Why? How is this deemed beneficial change?

Definaltely nothing I have as class now is wanted or needed any more, buffs, heals, nothing... . You also left everyone else with their melee-auto bonus, but specifically nerfed us. Thanks. Which one of our 3 remaining CA's that actually do anything is next?

This character which i was invested in for many years now just plays really sad....I don't want to be uber at all, just to have a reason to press more than 3 buttons and 2 heals and hope for the best.

I used to enjoy having to actually time auto-attacks inbetween heals, working on considering best positioning etc to do most damage. (All now gone from prior expac removal). It was actually a playstyle. Now there is nothing. I stand still within 4/9m of a mob hit 3 CA's and then cure or spam re-cast reactives heals whenever they are up - there literally isnt anything else meaningful we can do. (other than occasionally move behind a mob to actually be able to hit it - bruiser mobs types...)

NOTHING defines an Inquisitor now and no-one wants one. So playing at the moment just feels bad. I just don't understand with all the possible changes that could have been made that we just got only 1 flat out nerf and basically helped make us play even worse ... We are not in any way now what it says the class should be and we are just not wanted in group if there is another healer choice.

Why? I just dont understand. Can we just be useful for something please?

Everything that defined our class for a reason to be semi-bad healers is now pretty much gone, or others spells/classes now have better and nothing replaced. (Verdict, Melee Buffs, Melee-Auto attack etc etc ). Sure we can get through everything and battle to heal groups without wards & rez after 1 shots etc, but what is an actual reason to want to be or have an inquisitor in group now?

Please honestly have a go at naming one reason you would specifically pick an Inq for a group ? for what benefit? (likely: only if another healer cannot be found, bleedthrough backup healer for tough stuff, or vedict for slow groups in heroics) . Basically it feels like you are making us into Mercs... Is that why there is so much merc gear dropping? Or why nearly everyone has had an Inq merc for past years? - should I bug feedback the items to be actually tagged as INQ?

Above silly comment aside - its once again killed the fun of the experience of starting a new expac - this happened last time too - art is nice, and some quests, but rest is just upfront hassle and nerfs. It just feels bad.
    So once again just not really excited to play (apologies to my guild) and just very slowly literally forcing myself through any storyline/ essential zones/ gear upgrades JUST to be able to hope i am in any way viable for raid requirements again - but have no idea (guessing not really just like last year).

Its not so much fun starting new expacs these days and it should be! - surely there is a better way.

Grimble
  2. Daltharr Active Member

Condemn, instant aoe rez, heals on the run, verdict - is just what pops before I pull out the rusty inq and look at what he actually can. The effect from condemn doesnt really show anywhere, But its still a really good debuff. Could argue from an abstract point of view, that between condemn, purifying flames and verdict, the inq do 10 % of the grps dps. Add the other buffs/debuffs and that number is more likely 15 %. - And thats before we look at what the parse tells us

Inq also have the bestest joke in the world; cast odyssey on MT just before readycheck

- But lets face it. game is running fumes. The devs is fighting hard with what they have. But they have to cut corners and shave off what they can of things that require delicate balancing. Some classes are barely defined by the features that used to make em what they were, and most classes dips into the skill-pools of other.
  3. Grimble Member

Condem is just a 500 ish CA debuff, so not that great. You are probably referring to our epic one that is larger. It makes a small difference but not much. Mainly for raids or challenge (where other classes have much more overall)

Insta Aoe rez - useful for if we cant heal properly due to not being able to tell whether reactives etc are active or not or for 1 shots/script fails sometimes yes...

Verdict is replaced in raid by the thaum spell which is better and lasts way longer, so verdict is only useful in very slow heroic groups. Normally named die so fast from actual real dps it never gets much chance to cast anyway, or scripts stop it. Maybe den2 for a couple %.

Both Cleric get cast heal and run, so not just a INQ thing.

I really dont think we do 10-15% of a group dps with just our debuffs and spells. More like 3-5% at most.
  4. Harek Member

It's really nuts they nerfed inqs personal melee multiplier. It didn't do much anyway, but it's just kicking a man when he's down already...
  5. Zylara Well-Known Member

Verdict gets resisted so much these days it almost feels pointless using it
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Inquistors are going the way of bards. Sad situation. I keep mine because he's a provy.
  7. Bentenn Well-Known Member

2 healers needed for raid @devs... fury/mystic... rest are there because well the guild lets them play it or they are a raid leader lol.. thats the sadness of it atm... they all can solo heal zones, sure, but when it comes to raids.. none is wanted more than the above, just saying.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Ran a double bard group Thursday. Was the fastest Ive cleared all H2s. Just under 2 hours for 6 zones with an Assassin for the T1. I think folks are underestimating bards if they're running without them. That or the bards folks have access to are a bigger liability than they are a help.
    quisling likes this.
  9. quisling Well-Known Member

The fact is that bards make OTHER people better....hard to get that endorphin hit watching other peoples numbers increase....but that is and always HAS been a bards job and I have zero clue why someone would play one if they didn't get that part...more..i have no idea how folks miss that concept when they roll up a toon,
    Kodamungus, Twyla and Priority like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong. I loved my bards. I like being able to feel good about adding so much to group or raid. For me, that wasn't the issue. When they stripped down the damage for auto attack/melee, bards--like some other toons, took a hit. I want to be able to melee some so I can actually do solos and hold my own and not feel like a certain character in Oliver Twist holding out my empty plate and asking, "please sir, can I have another?" And no, I'm not asking to be T1 melee. I just want to be able to run something and not take 1 hr doing it while 90 percent of the rest of the players finished 30 minutes ago and are lighting one up.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

So, role one of those classes and be forced to actually perform for your slot or be left behind. Its a give and take. Dedicated, competent bards can parse very well and have no issues completing solo content.
  12. Tyrval Active Member

Best power feed outside of enchanters. Not much of a role but it's there I guess, and it is one where I've specifically used inquisitors for when we just don't have an enchanter available. With proc rate buffs can sustain a group through heavy drains. But yeah inq just aren't going to be on par until auto attack is meaningful.
  13. Cviidar New Member

Bit late to the discussion, I know. They've been moving away from auto attack being meaningful for several years now. It really started with the massive over saturation of potency. It has continued on with a more recent change that spells/abilities no longer delay auto attacks. I'm almost surprised they haven't removed it entirely. Its not like its going to affect the classes that buff auto attack all that much. Who needs a dps or haste buff when you're over the cap with gear alone.

I don't know exactly why the decision to over power spells, abilities and even procs to such an extreme was made all those years ago. The people that made that decision may not even be with the game any more, its been so long. My best guess is they wanted players to be more active but when you can set up all your dps into one or two macros, how active are you really, just pressing those one or two buttons over and over.

I miss the days of Tears of Veeshan and Alter of Malice. I remember that particular time as when everything (classes, melee vs. spells, gear vs. players buffs, etc.) seemed to be pretty balanced. Its why I play on TLE now. Maybe they'll buff up auto attack to have meaning again, maybe they won't. Maybe they'll balance gear vs. player buffs, maybe they won't. Easiest way would be to separate the buffs between the two. Certain buffs from players and certain buffs from gear with no overlap. This game has gone through so many changes over the years that it would almost require to be completely rebuild it from the ground up to balance things properly.

Its not a bad game overall but could use a bit more balance. Of course that's been said since release.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Think you mean "roll" one of those classes. Actually, I have a number of classes I've raided on and have never been "forced to actually perform," I do well because I want to do well and it matters to me. Many times, I have rolled a class up that our raid force needed and done well for reasons you wouldn't know anything about, haha.
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

Sure did, thanks for the grammar lesson.

As far as your other comment, let's talk about it. I've played SK, Pally, Guard, Zerk, Mystic, Defiler, Troub, Dirge, Assassin, and Ranger all for top 10 guilds when the game was actually competitive. I may even have played 2 accounts at the same time on side by side computers while MTing avatars. SK, Pally, Beastlord, Ranger, Assassin more recently. I feel that's fairly diverse, but please, educate me about what I wouldn't know anything about. Thanks.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Think you mean spelling lesson. Your grammar looked fine. :p
    Breanna likes this.
  17. quisling Well-Known Member

Just because....and I looked it up. This is the quote:

Just because (and I looked it up):
    Spelling Versus Grammar
    There are some that may think that when a word is spelled correctly but used incorrectly that it is a spelling mistake. However, that is not the case. Whenever a person intends to use a certain word but ends up using a different one through a spelling mishap, then that becomes a grammar mistake.

So yeah..i guess it was a grammar lesson.
    Priority likes this.
  18. Mythrien New Member

Yeah. I've kinda accepted EQ2 is just going to get worse and worse over time, it's been pretty obvious that devs ignore player feedback like their lives depend on it. They really need to do what WoW did and fix stat bloat, drop the level cap back to 60 or 70 and make the game have meaning again.

It's like.. I get that Daybreak dislikes WoW to a high degree but there's a reason why WoW absolutely decimated this game for years (as well as GW2 and FF14 also decimating EQ2 for years). I feel like they should take a look at it and maybe take some of it's good ideas to make EQ2 good again.

That being said, no matter what, it feels like I'll be on this sinking ship of a MMO until it's final days. I love EQ2, as much as I hate what's been done to it.