Inquisitor's Combat Arts.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Beyoncia, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

I betrayed to Templar and my overall DPS increased by 25%-30% and I now have awesome heals. Class balancing is totally broken in this game.
    Earar likes this.
  2. Nelie Well-Known Member

The new cleric rune is some nice salt to the wound. A whopping 10 fervor to our craptastic CAs. :(
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, if you're specced for it, you do that for your entire group.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

and 100 wdb and 50 overcap

think of templar .. they have no CA (rune doesn't state spells)
  5. Nelie Well-Known Member

Yep, I am, as any inq should from the focus effect. It is nice in a way that we can give out all these bonuses to melee but again, melee is still crap to most classes. 10 fervor to our scouts and tanks is alright and while we benefit off of it as well, it isn't as effective benefit to us because our combat arts are complete trash.
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

Would be nice if it was for spells too, like the druid one...though I understand the druid one is only for druids.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

and the shaman one doesn't even benefit them at all
  8. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, the rune is complitly useless for templars. They have no combat arts, they do not use mele autoattack (not sure if wdb works for ranged; in any case thier autoattack does very low dps). Moreover Virtue can be placed on one target only, unlike groupwide Tenacity.

But at least Inquisitor got some minor bit of love:)
  9. Cunning Member

It works if you use a bow or crossbow. No effect on wands though.
    I am curious if the 20% drop is worth not needing to drop td early, which is almost as annoying as when it drops all on it's own.
  10. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

The rune that modifies TD is a bit different one (unless they somehow combine; I do not have the new Cleric rune yet).
    As for Enigma rune and Geomancer-it's more convinient without stiffle for sure and it increases my dps when I solo healing experts simply because I could not use TD on many fights before. In raids, especially when there is a shaman in my group I feel the old one is probably doing more dps. Though I tested some ideas like casting Stone Soul before TD - Interrogation and a few combat arts went up. I also use the rune that gives TD cb overcap. The next test will be casting other ascension nukes under TD.
  11. Cunning Member

In raid with a shammy, yeah you can usually get away with it. Otherwise it's a game of chicken as Devine guidance wears off and you wonder if it's time to hit equilibrium or just cancel td and Devine waters everyone back to green.

I usually tried to get Stone soul in before casting td. Only really counted for one or two swings so casting during would be good. Have to try not to miss too many attacks. Kinda wish it still effected temp pets.

The cleric rune really reads like it's aimed at an inq in a scout/Geo group, which doesn't really exist since nobody other than an inq really runs Geo and gear for auto attack.

If it weren't for the fighter requirements I'd still like to try running zones with a 6 inq group. Though finding 6 geared right may be a challenge these days.
  12. SteveB Active Member

Can we get back to topic please, thread was about inqui combat arts and not about how to use ascensions.

If we will stay off track, there is no wonder why nothing gets changed or fixed.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

what do u want to say more about CA ? they are weak and need to be boosted.

if dbg doesn't do anything those old CA are just something of the past.

Caith said class balance during summer. They scraped a real balance last year so they had more than a year to work on class balance. Hope they give us something good.
    Mindsway likes this.
  14. SteveB Active Member

Dunno, but I do not really believe in that.
    Normally developer or designers want to get figures and a clear comparison, anyhow I did not get any real results about a form or what exactly they want to get to change something.
    Until anything offical comes we only can deliver figures and suggestions.
  15. Tigerr Well-Known Member

So.... Class balance in Nov?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which November is the question... PoP was supposed to have class balance in it too.
  17. SteveB Active Member

2042 might be possible... If we are lucky we get something before the deadline ;)
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

I still remember reading this was the class balance xpac .. so I hope class balance soon .. but I guess .. won't be before new xpac now.

I don't get it ... 2 years they've been promizing
  19. Daalilama Well-Known Member

With all due respect to the dev staff such as it is not of them as far as I can tell play healers which tends to lead to wonderful unintended or intended depending on who you talk to consequences with regards to scripts....hey when you can't foresee how mechanics will affect those that play healers who tbh are asked to grin and bear poor mechanics decisions and try to keep their grps alive but whatever...

And I run Geo on my templar...tbh raid needed another geo and no one really wanted to volunteer so as raid lead I did...am getting nice numbers though I miss my ether ascension tbh.