Inquisitor Playstyle and how they Perform - TLE

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nocturnus, May 9, 2022.

1. Nocturnus Member

I used to play an inquisitor as my primary healer back on live, and it always felt perfectly capable of keeping up with healing. Now adays, though, I hear a lot about healer balance, even on TLE, not favoring the class that much.

So... getting down to business, and planning on a character for Varsoon, can someone do two things for me?

1.) Describe what their playstyle is compared to other healers. How do they play?
    2.) How do they do in a group and raid setting?
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

All healers are great imo.
    If u go varsoon i bet you will see a lot of fury/warden due to ring tp ( tbh why not choose that class, it's just great when u have to run norrath)

Playstyles, u might have a idea if u played the game.
    Wards, hot, reaction heals.

Group, i guess dosnt matter.
    Raid, i presume , due to warden/fury population, a mystic/defiler will be always welcome.
    but that's just speculation
  3. Menludiir New Member

Inquisitors are great. In terms of playstyle, they're typically 'offensive' healers (compared to templars being generally defensive) - so by dpsing (hitting things), you're also healing or improving your healing. They don't fair well in the early expansions/vanilla raids (not great utility, and other healers are generally better for the spot). But come RoK and epics they start to become an absolute powerhouse. On kaladim a lot of guilds in the later expansions were running 2-3 inqs in their raids, even ditching the MT templar.

Groups as said it doesn't really matter you won't struggle at all.
  4. Venora New Member

Once upon a time there was a mystic story:
    Technically correct, but "healing by hitting heals" in the per thousand range. It is not worth to invest that AA points.

Nowadays ur duty is to reacast - as fast as possible - ur group reactive heal. The rest is freestyle :(
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Inquisitors also have a buff that, when put on someone hitting things, will return power to them - which is significantly important in the current expansion.
    quisling likes this.
  6. quisling Well-Known Member

When I finally betrayed my INQ to a templar, back in KoS, not having that mana generation was quite the shock.