Inquisitor or Monk..

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-Inuki1, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Inuki1 Guest

So I'm about to return to the game after a short break, and am wanting to start a new class that I haven't played much before, if at all. I was thinking Monk, but I've heard good things about the Inquisitor's solo ability.
    I wanted to experience New Halas, and obviously I can't if I make an Inquis, so that makes me lean to Monk...
    But I solo 99% of the time due to my schedule, and really like to solo heroics/dungeon crawling.
    Can Monks do this? How well do Inquis do it? I'm posing this question to both forums.
    Thoughts? Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-esabacz Guest

Inuki1 wrote:
    I'm a bit partial, but I would say go Inq. I love going out solo with my inq and seeing what kind of trouble I can get myself into. Inqs can Dps, heal, debuff the hell outta mobs nd take a good hit. My inq is currently locked at 42 and is able to solo orange, named triple ups (SS). The highest I've gone so far, is to kill a bunch of the lvl 50 giants out in SS without being taken out of the green. However, the lvl 52 cobras by POF did prove to be to much :)
    I won't say anying bad about monks, my wife's high lvl char is a kerra monk that she absolutely loves. They can be sic in PVP and it is funny watching everything under the sun try to hit them but it just gets avoided / parried. However, you have pactically Zero range with a brawler, which for me is just to frustrating to not having a couple of spells that i can "reach out and touch someone with."
    Either way, I'm sure you will have fun.
    ENJOY!
    Inq FTW.
  3. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Both are great. I would say monk early on at the lower lvls but once 90 and the inquiz has the gear and aa'a they are awesome. I think at the higher lvls raid geared inquiz dps is honestly to high but that is just me. They are tough and are a great all around class to play. Very very versitile.
    At the low levels inquizies are slow.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jaezah Guest

My inquisitor is my 3rd character to play. My first was a necro which can solo anything under the sun. Then I made an assassin to play with some friends on another server... so after playing those two DPS classes, i can't stomach solo'ing on the inquisitor. She's been leveled with guild groups all along. I've done a lot of reading on the class and my friend that plays has an Inq as her main. The class is apparently pretty wicked when built right.
    I'd say make one of each and play around to see what fits your play style best =) I'd lean towards recommending the Inq straight-out but I've never played the monk to compare it to.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jihanna Guest

My INQ is 90 and has solo'd the whole way. She really didn't plan on being much of an adventurer as she's the carpenter/decorator.
    But really, she's one of my favorite to solo with.
    My monk isn't high enough for me to really give a good compare & contrast, but I'd say make a goodie for New Halas and also make an Inquisitor and have some fun with it. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Inuki1 Guest

Thanks for the replies.
    I decided to go with Inq. So I made a templar in New Halas. I'm about to finish up the quests over there and start the betrayal quest. Wasn't too impressed with New Halas, really. But I'm currently locked at 20 and plan on hitting all the noob zones to get some AA under my belt. As of this writing I have 19 I think, so a few more will net me Battle Cleric. Hoppefully after hitting all the noob zones I'll have a decent AA foundation to make for a strong soloer.
    Hopefully I'll eventually be able to dungeon crawl by myself. Anyone able to solo shard of love, or something similar?
  7. ARCHIVED-Squigglle Guest

Inuki1 wrote:

i have both a monk and a inq. i have a 71 monk and 77 inq.

i like both...

monk is way better for solo and i found to be a lil more unique... inq is pretty cool tho
  8. ARCHIVED-Inuki1 Guest

So as an update, I'm currently lvl 31 with 47 AA's finishing up the BBM questlines. I felt powerful at lvl 20 soloing WC up to the last fight. Now, it seems I'm struggling a bit. I've made my spells Expert level, I have Battle Cleric and the STR line to Steadfast so I'm not interrupted on my heals anymore. i don't know, I just thought I'd be more...durable than I am currently. My reactives basically "hold the line" when it comes to incoming damage I'm taking, and my heals don't seem to be bumping me up enough to compensate. i logged off in frustration last night after I tried to kill a group of 4 double down arrow's and a single ^ named. i killed off the 4 double downs, but just couldn't keep up with the incoming damage. By the time I was able to concentrate on the single ^ I was in the orange and was spamming heals to try and keep myself from dipping into the red, to no avail.
    When does it improve? I seem to remember with my Warden never having these problems, as the HoT's were always working enough to keep my health in the green.
  9. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

1st master crafted armor and a at least master crafted two handed weapon helps a lot. Also keep at least one of the easy mobs alive. As their hits should be lower then your reactive trigger it should help to counter the higher hits of the named. You will also gain Repentance with level 32. This spell is a huge help as it does some nice damage and stuns your opponent. So cast in on the big guy kill 2-3 small ones and then go back to him. He will already have some damage and won't have hit you half as often. Also an other good idea is to use Vengeance on a small mob (or even the big one) you are not actively trying to kill. So you can do some damage and actually use most ticks before you kill the mob at the end. I never had any real problems with my Inq. You could try the STA line next to get more damage from your auto attacks. That might help to shorten the fights.
  10. ARCHIVED-S_M_I_T_E Guest

If you have a limited AA budget I'd say you'd find more effectiveness in choosing:
    1st Battle Cleric Line (for your CA Buttons and Endline)
    2nd Stamina Line (used to be for 100% crit but now that autoattack mod has supposedly been made 'equivalent'
    2nd Strength Line (used for 'stand in one place' and heal your self when you feel like it)
    *It's really potato pahtahtoe, if you want fast fights where (at lower AA and level) you don't count on more than a preward then pick Stamina over Strength.
    *If you want longer fights where healing during the fight is part of the strategy then pick Strength then Stamina later.
    Almost everyone will say having them all is important but if you had to choose both are effective just one type of fight will have a longer time span with slower reaction button pushing required on your part. Fast fights can be active and mobile if you end up biting off more than you can chew. Later when you get a little more greedy you can game the mobs with a fear here and a root there to help out.