Inquisitor Healing Question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by MadSlag, Mar 25, 2021.

1. MadSlag New Member

Hi All,

Quick question: I'm level 35 leveling up an Inquisitor and I can even keep my companion healed. Is this normal? I worry about healing in a real group since I can't even keep her healed. Does the healing curve get better (how much healing I do)? right now this is what my 5 main heals do:

Penance III - Expert - 179-219
    Diatribe Apprentice 114-190
    Fanatical Healing Journeyman 580-708
    Alleviation Apprentice 279-341
    Ministration Apprentice 254-311

I know I have to get my research going which will increase the numbers but I do not make a dent in my mercenaries health when I attempt to heal her. I would love it if someone could let me know briefly if this is normal or if I need to be doing something different.

Thanks!
  2. nooz Where is my cat nip err I mean nap!

Be at peace with it you be able to heal in a group situation at end game
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

Mercs are sort of broken, so that may be the problem. However, here are some tips:

Diatribe and Penance will be your main heals always. Try to keep those at expert minimum. Keep them up and on your tank/partner at all times. Precast them, but be prepared to get aggro briefly when you do.

Alleviation and Fanatical are the next two you want to get to expert. Become a sage tradeskiller and make them yourself, or find someone to make them for you by visiting the Crafting channel in game. (Right click on chat box and join the channel.) Lower level experts will usually be given for free, because crafters are nice.

Ministration is the weakest of the healing spells, but again expert it and that'll help.

Also try to get your buffs up to expert.

What server are you on?
  4. MadSlag New Member

Thank you for the replies. I will definitely work on getting my heals up to expert ASAP and my buffs. I spent the weekend leveling up to 40 and I just didn't even waste mana on the merc (I am running with Vittae right now). I just nuked as fast and hard as I could - which isn't easy with a healer :)

I haven't chosen a craft skill yet so that is great advice. I'll work on the sage skill so that I can work on upping my spells.

My main reason for my concern with healing is really to get practice in how and when to heal in EQ2. Since I doubt I will ever get in a group until I'm max level I thought I would get good at it with a merc so that I'm prepared when it really matters with RL players.

The server I am on is Maj'dul (I think that's the right spelling)

Again thanks for your replies they have helped!!!