(Inquis) Any AoE damage spells?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tatanka, May 9, 2013.

1. Tatanka New Member

I have seen some interesting comments about AoE approaches to certain areas, and was looking to try some of them out, when I realized, I don't think I have any AoE attacks (68 Inquis). I have several that work against an encounter, but those have to be linked spawns. I don't think any of them just work against all the mobs around me. Do Inquisitors get any attacks like this? Am I just missing something?

Thanks,

Tat
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

Litany Circle is a blue AOE melee attack. It's on the AA Inquisitor tree. It's the melee version of Litany (which I believe is a green, encounter-only AOE).
  3. Tatanka New Member

Ah. I have Litany Circle, but hadn't noticed that it's different target type than Litany. Thanks for pointing that out to me :)

Tat
  4. Smite Active Member

Basically as an Inq all you have is Litany Circle for an AOE. When they nerfed changed the Wisdom KOS tree from godmode vs undead to its current incarnation a few of us (including me) had mentioned a 'wish' to have another open AOE.

The result was Exorcise which is a pulsating AOE damage which has a substantial potency reduction to your heals. I find that even knocking on 300 Pot/cb that the -95% on heals when Exorcise is up requires me to press more heal buttons while PUGing heroic zones so I've elected for 100% AOEAT which is better than Exorcise. Maybe when the game has 500 pot/cb I'll spec for Exorcise but right now -1/3 potency on heals is still noticeable and AOEAT doesn't have any detractions with few exceptions (2nd to last encounter in ST for instance).

As an aside FYI, currently MA > AOE AT when mentoring even slightly since the following is true in EQ2:

AOE AT MA
    Original L95: 100.5% 445%
    Mentor L90: 9% 385%
    Mentor L85: 8.5% 367.7%
    Mentor L20: 2% 141.6%

What I don't quite get is that if someone is mentoring they're already godmode anyways so who cares if they have a few more open AOE's, i.e. AOE AT. As you can see here MA isn't as threatening to lower content as AOE AT evidently although I'm not certain why it's throttled more quickly. If someone is OP while mentoring they can always choose singular focus if they want. As an Inq, lack of AOE's make mowing lower content while mentoring slightly slower than it would be otherwise.

Shameless Plug:

Given the undead in SG I sure wish I had 24s immunity to all attacks from undead groupwide (like another DG but better) along with the overpowering cleanse and divine demonstrations in their prenerf forms. DG, Immune Undead, Inquisition (improved baby DG), and DA = pretty beefy Inquisitor. Oh the old days of TOFSx2 where where the group immunity meant I could tank trash x4 for 24s and outparse T1 DPS in EM x4 raid gear wearing PQ and x2 jewelry. It's great that Wis can be used all the time but given the stat inflation I'm choosing AOE AT over Exorcise every time. While mentoring Exorcise wins since AOE AT is nerfed heavily even on the first tick (L90).
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

This is actually because of the way reforging interacts with mentoring. Priest gear has absolutely no aoe auto attack itemized on it. The only way to get it is through reforging. As soon as you mentor it scrubs your reforging. So no more aoe auto attack :(