input on post from the smedley forums thanks

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-SageMarrow, Feb 13, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

Dear Gage and SOE and everyone else that actually takes the time to read this (from another post -- just putting it here as well could be of value, dont mean to be rantish= could be a bit more tactful, i am capable, but hey!)

I see you being very open about your feelings about the game and post often so hears my take on it-- that at the least at end game i would like to see some divergence of classes into more defined rolls - i HATE THE CONCEPT of everyone being alike= but differnet but alike...thats just pointless to me= unless they manage a way to intitaite skill based combat then the game becomes useless as being entertaining and fun..(i love the game SOE no bs- just a few twaeks here and there to keep it REALLY interesting)

If it isnt enough to have all the classes wear just about the same crap armor clothes etc. Ive waited almost 2 years for this game and my car...(2005 mustang) and one is on the verge of letting me down... I put alot of time and effort into this game and my car but for it to be balanced beyond balance is rediculous and unentertaining, ill be darned if my mustang performes like my Civic!!!!!!! - i dont want to take damage personally i like playing body guard.. doing damage -- managing adds and baby sitting casters so the tanking thing aint my issue.

I would hate to say that if everyone is kinda the same but different in a similar way because ive waited so long for the game and ive put SOOO much time into my char. SO yeah at the end game state or near the end game i wanna see some specialization of classes. as i said in an earlier post --

i wanna see assassins with ninja outfits and go up in puffs of smoke when in stealth. i wanna see bruisers with an enrage ability when in low health (red) or when a party member goes down.. I wanna see swashbucklers with a parot scout pet and pirate type gear. i wanna see monks with a meditations skill where they hover over the ground indian style to use to med power and hp even faster after battles. i wanna see bruisers and monks with an agility skill so they can jump long distances and Warriors run/sprint longer w/ less mana consumption(IE stamina of war). how about a knight class with the horse actually playing a part at high levels- how about beserkers looking like beserkers I E spiked armor open spaces somn that screams im crazy and like to break things with my mace or getting a class specific mount (somn beastly). How about a self Destruct for Warlocks that puts them on 1 HP and drains remaining Power to do massive damage but making them openly vulnerable(Mana Explosion)

just some things to work for 50+ levels and gain that you have a real HEROiC status about you, being able to get strong enough to slay a dragon or so w/ a regular grp... not always having to be a buncha no names with all the same crap for their level running around a zone whacking everything that moves in slow motion or on high performance (lol)(raid) = somn that makes you a great character not just an adventurer than can persay do this or that. an individual even.

and of course yes save it for the 45+ range so that still alleviates the task of the class migration. heck by level 45 or 50-- if you pick a class just for that... by then U DESERVE IT. but this everyone with the same armor and general ABILITY quite frankly sucks. there have been several times that i have almost fallen asleep playing the game and thats somthing that has never happend while playing GTA or Madden or Final Fantasy 10...(maybe final fantasy) but im not comparing them as games - im comparing fun factor. we get mad when people take EXp debt so serious but outside of selling crap and fighting what else is there= dont even go there with the questing -- its cool and all but fairly uneventful. so yeah gimme a reason to work 50 levels to become DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!! let me know that im working my **** off so that i can get a Dr. jeckyl and mr Hyde type transformation as a beserker. you could make the skills almost like epic quest so that everyone wont do them all unless they have the time and resources- but for the most part people will do the ones or one that they desire keepin in line with the balance and individuality at the same time. Let me know that i get a Kung Fu type garb (in line with the game) and jackie chan type acrobatic/stunt ability to run along dungeon walls ninja gaiden style safe fall just doesnt cut it.

That way SOE can make a great game and everyone can stand back and say HEY WaTch this to thier friends and family and get other outsiders involved that way, and it allows players to play the way they want to play- a warden being one with nature- blending in forest zones and not having to worry about aggro on forest type creatures (treants, bears, etc) a fury having control over the weather to make it rain persay (extremely long timer to prevent overuse) - or enhanced attck damage in the rain even - A necro spawning a small army.. 3 -4 low level skeles so that they can occupy a fighter class in a <<<>>> morso than over taking him totally, so that players will migrate to thier preference and desires NATURALLY. heck its as simple as making the game worth playing - every day you can work to say i get this when get i here and boy i cant wait ...but nothing inside me makes me rush to get a flowing black silk sash..sorry just doesnt (everyone on every server has one!). not just. i gotta get that Chestplate i saw that guy with... just some amazement and girth to the gameplay experience the story line has never been that major most people dont even know what going on in the world out side of 500 yrs later....so concentrate on the gameplay itself/ everyone wants to play a nonlinear game and have awesome abilities to do and dazzle the masses. the matrix online with w/o a doubt be a draw in from its action and fighting style and for people to really embody thier online persona ( can we say aid in Role play???) if you played an assasin or guardian-- to embody your roleplaying desires= what better way to do that than running around as a true paladin w/ glowing silvery armor and the PALADIN HORSE with flowing chianmail on it to boot or at least the friggin ninja type (in line with the game) armor of a color of your choosing. ( ninja assasin clans?? guilds of knights???? Healers for hire (we always need a heaeler at the worst time) ANYTHING... IMO i would love to see 10 ninja in red armor/garb running through nek forest at night at pathfinding speed w/ the ninja run type animation...MAN. cause i would really hate to see that you did all that awesome concept art and spent FOrever and a day Building that engine from scratch to fill it with filler.

There has to be a purpose outside of the work people thats all im saying ( it cant just be yay i got the same Sash, fishbone earing, and armor as EVERY OTHER bruiser on my server!!!!)- so yeah gage- tank away thats fine - but the game isnt fun if its not fun. if we are alike and can do the same crap just in a different way thats not fun it just promotes a filler for your free time. I dont wanna be a Swiss chef and you be French chef and the bottom line is that we can both cook??? that concept would p.O. even the lousiest chef and totally degrade their hard work to get where they got in thier desired profession. period im not saying tomorrow or the next day. i know thats far fetched but there have to be some hints or something that these things are in mind.

THE SAGE
    Message Edited by SageMarrow on 02-13-200508:06 AM
    Message Edited by SageMarrow on 02-13-200508:06 AM
    Message Edited by SageMarrow on 02-13-2005 08:06 AM