Information regarding Update 42!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Gnobrin, Feb 5, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Sashtan@Mistmoore wrote:
    Hehehe! Yea I had this mental image of Bill Murray saying "But you said crossing the streams was bad!" in Ghostbusters when I typed it. *giggle*
  2. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

So um I hate to ask but what time should I be setting my clock for exactly....I mean if I were that **** rententive about getting discos or something?
  3. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

LadyGalasya wrote:
    please dont ask that lmao...no you may not have a server up time otherwise you'll just be angry when it isnt up at that time
  4. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

LadyGalasya wrote:
    You too? LOL! Seriously, I can't find a time anywhere on the official EQ2 website/forums/EQ2 Players, but Niami over at EQ2 Traders says it will begin at 6 a.m. PST.
  5. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

but I wanna know from a red name......cause no offense mum but....we trusted someone else before...and it for us these 2 threads. I dun wanna know the up time....I wanna know what time they will be swept out from under our collective feet.
  6. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Okay it's definitely official... it's on the network status page now.

"Scheduled Downtime Updated - 2/06/2008 at 6:00 AM PST

All EQ2 US servers will be brought down on 2/06/2008 at 6:00 AM PST. The estimated down time will be 5 hours.
    - SOE Operations team"
  7. ARCHIVED-Gladiia Guest

Lyssia@The Bazaar wrote:
    lmao...o, your simply killing me.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gladiia Guest

Lyssia@The Bazaar wrote:
    Wow, I've never seen an expected downtime that long for a LU.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gnobrin Guest

I told ya that it'd be a BIG update in my announcements... Sorry if you chose not to believe me.
    /shrug

~Gnobrin!
  10. ARCHIVED-Peter Corbin Guest

I know in 8 hours this will be a moot point, but for all those that say that no one ever said epics would be included with the ROK release, please follow these links ( I know none of them are from SOE, I only took some off the first page of search results and we know how Orwellian Sony can be about deleting webpages but it was a selling point from many major websites for the software) -
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Everques...k/dp/B000VS29PK
    Return to the EverQuest World

Rise of Kunark is the fourth expansion pack for the EverQuest II franchise. The introduction of The Sarnak and new starting area, Timorous Deep, provide for a full range of content for new players (levels 1-20) as well as for high level players who can now advance up to level 80 in their Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild classes. Rise of Kunark includes many detailed areas that are from EverQuest as well as new areas only recently unearthed. Hundreds of new quests, dozens of new NPCs, new Epic Weapon quests for each class and new armor sets await those who dare set foot on this fabled continent.
    Features:
    • New Player Race: The Sarnak are a classic dragon-like humanoid creature that inhabits Timorous Deep
    • New starting city: Begin your adventure from the new starting area in the islands of Timorous Deep
    • Continue your adventures as your existing character in Kunark, expanding on your achievements as Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild levels have all increased to 80
    • Advance your way through new regions, containing many zones filled with nostalgia and danger
    • The tale of Kunark is told through hundreds of quests, aimed at gameplay of all types
    • More Weapons & Armor: New Epic Weapon quests for all 24 classes as well as legendary armor
    • Explore the world on the shoulders of a new rampaging beast, The Kunarkian Rhinoceros
    • New deities in Norrath for players to pledge their allegiance
    • Encounter and engage a wide variety of new enemies that inhabit the lands of Kunark
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/ever...tml?sid=6174887
    Dedicated EverQuest II players will get a raft of new content this November, when the next expansion pack for the game, Rise of Kunark, will ship to retail and also become available for download. From the looks of things, the pack will add a ton of new content in all the places you'd expect in a massively multiplayer expansion. One of the biggest additions will be a new playable race, a species of dragon-men called the Sarnak. To accompany the Sarnak's entrance into Norrath, of course, will be a new start zone, an island chain called Timorous Deep. Of course, this zone will also contain the Sarnak's new capital city.
    The bulk of the new content in Rise of Kunark, though, will be geared toward the current hardcore, high-level players. All level caps--that is, for characters, guilds, and trade skills--will go up to 80, and new "achievement outfits" will be included that will allow you to re-spec your character to improve your trade skills more efficiently. You'll find 24 new epic weapon quests, each in two parts. The first stage will be a group quest, and will yield a pretty darn nice weapon. But if you want to power your new epic up to its fullest extent, you'll have to trudge through the second phase of the weapon quest, which will be raid-based. Finally, no MMO expansion is complete without a new mount, and you'll find one--the Kunarkian rhinoceros--here.
    http://www.buy.com/prod/everquest-r.../205664880.html

Needless to say though, I will have a hard time focusing on work on Wednesday and try to sneak off early!! See y'all in game! Hooray!
  11. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Feel the love!!!!! And, it only took 10 pages :)

Now where's that Domino hiding?! rawr! ^^
  12. ARCHIVED-Gnobrin Guest

Domino hiding? It's midnight here, I'd imagine that she's sleepin' like all good tradeskill masters are right now.
    Wait, what the heck am I still doing awake?

~Gnobrin!
  13. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

So dare i ask..any news when LU 42 is going live?
  14. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Gnobrin wrote:
    Sorry Gnobrin! I was just joking! *hug*
  15. ARCHIVED-roces9 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I'm from San Diego in the same town that the SoE team is, and I'm not sure if this is morbidly hilarious or wildly unfunny. Give me some time to think about it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lardicoz Guest

So... any news on when Runnyeye/Splitpaw can expect to go down for update? there seems to be nothing posted about us on the network status page or in the server boards....
    Just wondering as its now less than 45 mins till the US update starts....
    Or is this lack of a posted time because we are in fact going to be waiting an extra day and not getting it until tomorow morining?
  17. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Slacka@Runnyeye wrote:
    EU servers are always updated the following morning, nothing new there.

Either accept it, or move to a US server (I did!)
  18. ARCHIVED-Kel Guest

Slacka@Runnyeye wrote:
    Never.
  19. ARCHIVED-Anthise Guest

Not such a funny comment on the San Diego burning....SOE was NOT that far from the fires this last time. San Diego is a beautiful place to live except for during fire seasons... been evacuated twice now. The price we pay to live here I guess. Finding your house standing in the middles of a charred moonscape... or worse losing your house is not fun.
    Looks like something is happening this morning, 5 hour estimated update time... Game came down at 6 am.
    Are they just getting ready for the patch? Or patching...*ponders*
  20. ARCHIVED-powerplay Guest