Info pls, shared stats and current raid gear

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Masuma, Dec 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Masuma Guest

Much of the raid loot has low personal stats (e.g. good example is T3 forearms).
    Is there any chance you will adjust lvl 90 SF raid gear with pet effects to where they have better stats / offer an exchange NPC .. or do we need to get both sets & jewelry type atm (one to do our job now and one to still be doing our job once the expansion hits)?
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

If it was me, I'd start stocking up on the gear Wizards use today . . .
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Banditman wrote:
    That's pretty much how I see it. Much of the current top-end Conjuror gear will probably become absolute garbage (such as the Sublime Dagger).
  4. ARCHIVED-Masuma Guest

is killing my motivation to raid atm, summoner gear will soon be mostly worthless and I feel it is wrong to take away gear from mages (who passed on conji gear), just to then put it into my bags until the expansion is here.
    I usually enjoy raiding just for the raiding but now at the end of the expansion everything just feels repetitive. so what is left but loot.
  5. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Just depends on how forward thinking your guild is. If you guild understands what it going to happen in a tad more than a month, then yea, they won't have a problem with you stocking gear. If they are so short sighted that they can't look ahead a month, then perhaps the problem isn't you at all.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

...Unless they upgrade T9 pet gear to become in-line with non pet-gear. Shouldn't be too difficult, they would just have to apply the same logic they used when determining what to give the pet version of a specific item to distinguish it from the sorceror version, but reversed. That would work for a large amount of items out there. The rest would probably need manual tinkering.
    For T8 however, that could become hairy, at there was probably no real plan when devising summoner gear - they were rarely done in pair to accomodate both summoner and non-summoner classes, except for pattern sets. As for T1-T7 I doubt there is much pet-centric gear at all, except for specialized items (such as the caduceus) that wouldn't be affected by the change.
    If Velious were to be a new tier (T10) that could have been easily done by making only the T10 pet share stats. You would be upgrading all your gear at the same time, so that would give SOE plenty of time to backport that mechanic to past tiers. But that's probably not a workable scenario in this case.