Increasing faction with Ironforge Exchange

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Steel Blu, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Steel Blu Guest

I've been doing writs like a madman for the past several months with my crafters...and still my highest faction with the Ironforge exchange is only 11,000...is there any other way to increase faction with them?? At 150 per writ, it will take FOREVER to get up to 40,000 which is needed to have access to all those goodies they sell.... Back in the earlier days of the game, we used to be able to do the harvesting quests for tradeskill societies, but those have been gone for a long time.....I hope that SOE has plans in the near future to give us more options to increase the faction
  2. ARCHIVED-Swordmage Guest

The harvesting quests and local work orders didn't do anything for Ironforge Exchange, just improved what was stocked on the merchant in that crafting zone.
    And yes, you need to be quite dedicated to earn the status for any of the 5 city factions. You can get 266 writs done in a year easily if you do a few each time you play; however, if you waste your time adventuring, then obviously you do not show the slavish dedication required of you.
  3. ARCHIVED-katalmach Guest

Surreal@Befallen wrote:
    You can't possibly have been "doing writs like a madman for the past several months" - my provisioner, who had never touched a writ before, just went from level 64 to 72 on writs, and I did that very casually with tons on non-writ grinding and xp potions used, and her faction is 11,700. My carpenter has max faction - 50,000 - with the Coalition of Tradesfolke, and I wouldn't call what I did to get that "writting like a madman" either. In fact, when I hit max with her, I felt justly rewarded and as is rare in this game, like I had accomplished something. I think the rate of faction gain via writs is absolutely spot on, and would hate if it was made easier. I am really looking forward to raising my provisioner to the same faction as my carpenter!
  4. ARCHIVED-Chaksis81 Guest

Long ago it was just about 75 per writ, so it is already easier than it was ,)
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

At 150 faction a writ, it will take 267 writs to go from 0 to 40,000. If you allow yourself a full 10 minutes per Rush-order writ (the fastest way to raise faction), it will take 44.5 straight hours of crafting to get that high.

Better get to it!
  6. ARCHIVED-SnoesieQ Guest

Possumu@Splitpaw wrote:
    I was not playing when there were different tradeskill societies, but from what I have understood, when you picked your society and did faction with them, your standing with the other ones went down. Apparantly, this carried over into the new system so everyone who wasn't already a member of the Ironforge Exchange started with a huge standing debt.
    Now, I could be wrong, as this is just what I have gathered from reading random comments from players who have been around for a while.
    But assuming this is accurate and the OP is refering to the earlier days of the game - they might have to work through 50k standing to get to 10k, while a newer player would start at simply adding 10k standing to reach the same goal. Hence... having to do writs like a madman for months. Of course, that is a subjective expression.
  7. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

SnoesieQ wrote:
    Yes, originally you lost faction with the other 4 organizations when doing writs. In my case, I did many,many ironforge writs and dug a hole so deep with the 4 adventure factions, that I am still trying to get several of them to plus faction. The decent thing and most logical thing for them to have done when they changed the system, was to at least bring negative factions to zero, but of course, they didn't bother to do that. The issue was raised at the time but fell on deaf ears.
    As for the "doing writs like a madman" person, if he/she has 11,000 faction with ironforge, they apparently have done approximately 73 writs and fortunately have not wrecked their other factions doing so.
  8. ARCHIVED-SnoesieQ Guest

Qandor wrote:
    Ah, I thought it included the different tradeskill societies that were around then. I thought if you were a member of Wayfarer's Stockpilers for instance, then you had low faction with the Ironforge Exchange. It makes even less sense to me that you would get lowered faction with adventure factions though, I have to say.
    Should teach me not to post while sitting up with insomnia as well, btw, as I now see there was already a comment in the post I replied to about the -50k faction. Fuzzy eyes and wall of text don't mix I guess.
  9. ARCHIVED-Effie Guest

Surreal@Befallen wrote:
    I started an assassin/woodworker about 6 weeks ago. I've been doing a mix of adventuring and tradeskilling. 72 assassin and 54 WW now. Faction with Dark Bargainers is around 26k.
    I guess your idea of doing writs like a madman is a little different than mine.
    I'va actually had guildmates hassling me beacuse I'm taking too long leveling up my WW. :(
  10. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

Surreal@Befallen wrote:
    I leveled my alchemist from 1 - 70 doing just writs (this was before they nerfed the t6/t7 writ xp reward to reasonable levels) and got just over 30k faction by the time I hit 70. Geting up to 40k was done by the time I hit 80.
  11. ARCHIVED-Effie Guest

Funny, when I bought the (20k) Facilitator title from Dark Bargainers, I got a server disco....

Dark Bargainers titles > Tunare's Pages titles
  12. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Effie wrote:
    My tailor just hit the 40k mark and got the Disco for the 4th title on unrest.

And really it is more like 22-24hrs of writs to get to 40k. Anyone who takes longer than 5 min on a rushorder is doing something wrong :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Qandor wrote:
    Doing any writs on Rijacki is very very disheartening because of this. The negative faction she has from doing writs in the early part of the game still lingers.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    SOE made mistake for not resetting all negative city writ faction to 0. Those players who did lot of writs before the change got severly handicapped for their hard work? AWESOME reward at that!!!! NOT!! Change all negative writ factions to 0 was best solution but SOE didn't..
    I did lot of writ work before the change especially focusing on dismal rage faction. When change came, I was shocked that I had -21k with tradefolk faction for FP. I had to clean it up and now +14k while those players who just decided to do writs later on especially after the change are enjoying no work for no negative faction. I worked so hard to earn massive negative several factions. That is so reversed.. If SOE did reset faction to 0 in first place then I will be little ahead of any new players especially dismal rage as supposed to but with other faction, I am same with new players as supposed to! Not in deep negative area.. Terrible idea..
  15. ARCHIVED-Pibu Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    My woodworker got the discovery for the 4th title in Freeport (before subs were removed) and all 4 discoveries in Neriak for Butcherblock (both Fp and Neriak have 50K now). Plus he as the discoveries for the first 3 titles in Gorowyn and is crafting like a mad rat for the 4th.

PS. he also has 50k with all 4 of the FP adventure factions but no discoveries there, and yes my guildmates have told me I'm insane with possible OCD haha
  16. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Pibu wrote:
    Whoa, you mean you can have 50k with FP and Neriak on same character or did you mean 2 different characters? I would love to have 50k on both FP and Neriak on same Nocifer without the need to betray..