Increase Trade for Plat please!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Forestchild, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Could we get an increase in Plat for the trade window, please.

I'm not asking for broker or mail increase, JUST the trade window for plat. Change the 2B to 4B, maybe?? That wouldn't hurt anybody, in-fact it would help the community out a whole lot, since it's YOUR Kronos that is being transferred.

Thanks in advance.
    Raeven likes this.
  2. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

And add commas to trade window and in chat + make 1,000,000,000+ show up on one line in trade window. Mouse scrolling just to see all the zeros is a bit goofy no?
    Raeven, Forestchild and Breanna like this.
  3. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Mouse Scrolling??? if you use a custom UI (ie~DarqUi, or Profit, or Drums) it's already on 1 line.. hehe...

totally agree with the COMMAS though.. We have it for skills, so why can't it be with currency as well. ????? ?????
    Raeven likes this.
  4. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I have a much better idea.

Finally remove all exploited platin from the game. Since this is not possible, set all of our in-game money (copper, silver, gold and platin) to zero and let's start again with collect our financial resources.

Because this is the only way there can ever be a reasonable market with reasonable prices again.

Since it would affect everyone equally, no one would need to complain. Even though most people would probably do it.
    Raeven likes this.
  5. Kattt Well-Known Member

I would be careful about asking for any of this. While plat dupers started all this mess, have we not learned in game or real life yet, that government or management trying to *control* the economy just makes it worse?

The broker has become barren and I can hardly find anything I seek. I also gave up on resetting my broker entries. I am tired of the constant reset.

Economies have ebbs and flows...people work via their humanity and supply and demand. (Not referring to cheaters...they need to go.) But trying to control it, just fubars it more.
    The inflated mess now stinks, but every time a fix is attempted, it gets worse.

I am not saying it wasn't bad before. But selling and buying is SO much worse now then before the supposed fix.

Just my 2 cents...or is that 2 bill plat....or is that .00002 cents? (Adjusted for inflation, or fixes. I give up.)
    Raeven likes this.
  6. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Massive inflation through a new currency level would be another option, with some disadvantages. Because those who have massively exploited the currencies would still be the "richest".

Basically, through a currency wipeout, a cleanup would be carried out and new exploiters would easily be noticed due to today's monitoring of currency creation at an unusual level. Large amounts of currency that would be moved would be extremely noticeable compared to now.

Unfortunately, today it is standard practice to move utopian sums. Therefore, it masks illegal transactions by the legal ones in the same framework.

In this way, active currency exploiters could be easily eliminated.

Nobody could earn even a fraction of the sums used today in a normal period of a few years in the game from the NPCs and through quests and missions.
  7. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

The problem is not plat movement, but plat creation, that needs to be monitored.

Looking at it from an accounting standpoint, if one player trades 4 billion plat to another player, for whatever reason, the net change to the plat in circulation is zero; 4 billion debit for player One, 4 billion credit for player Two.

However, if during a "short" period of "normal" gameplay, player One gains 100K plat (with no matching losses from other players), while player Two gains 1B plat, it would behoove DBG to take a closer look at player Two's activities.

I'm probably missing something, but the only ways I can think of to create plat is from loot and/or quest rewards, both raw cash drops and selling items to vendors. What needs to happen is a system where a player receiving "large" plat influxes that are unmatched by other player's outgoes could be flagged for investigation. Now, while technically possible, such a system may also be prohibitive in terms of system resources. Plus it would only flag future funny business; that plat generated improperly in the past is still in circulation.

The trick is to get the "huge" stashes of plat out of circulation, preferable without hurting those whose balances may be smaller, but completely legitimate. The only way I can see to be somewhat fair would, unfortunately, partially reward bad plat players while costing DBG some future sales. That would be to have DBG fix a day and a price, and convert existing plat balances to Krono at the decided exchange rate. Yes, the bad players still have capital, but the flood of duped plat would be gone. Some players may receive some "undeserved" Krono, true, but there is going to be an impact after allowing the original plat dupes occur. Would DBG consider this route? I have no idea, it would take a lot of data analysis to even consider.