In your opinion, what race makes the best Warlock?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-NrthnStar5, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-NrthnStar5 Guest

This is just kind of a fun thread, meant to fill my curiosity on what others think.
    What race do you personally feel makes the best Warlock and Why? Reasons don't have to be specifically due to race traits, maybe a certain race embodies the warlock style more then others?
    Thanks! Look forward to reading what others think =-)
  2. ARCHIVED-Selpone Guest

I think a Kerran is a good race. They have Track and Safe Fall. Both skills are not native with the warlock class. They also have a race speed boost that lasts rather long. A race bonus to physical damage along with the development selections lets you stack a rather large amount of physical mitigation. My warlock with nice gear, a Mit Focus aug and 10 points in the Sorc. AA that adds more MIT, has a 60% mit to physical on his own without buffs. Untill you get your mythical, which has a positional detaunt when it procs (AE), you'll be able to take quite the beating allowing you time to get the crap off you in one way or another.
    This is, of course, my opinion. I'm sure there are other selections with options that may fit a different play style.
  3. ARCHIVED-Luag Guest

dark elf, high elf, euridite
  4. ARCHIVED-Yoshabel Guest

My lock is an erudite and that race gives the water bubble, safe fall and port to group member and I use them all semi often.
  5. ARCHIVED-Theladorn Guest

I've got an emo fae arasai warlock on test that I think is pretty cool. Just something about the look/feel of it. Dark elves are also a good fit, but I think they're played out.
  6. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

Got a half elf that's not that shabby.
    now If I could only get some spells together to get higher in the parse. Sometimes I'm in top 3, sometimes cast spells, same order, I can't out parse the healer
    Not sure what that is about...
  7. ARCHIVED-ajrm007 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Ratonga. You'll parse up to 15% less as any other race.
  9. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

I like my half elf fits in nice being from Freeport. Lets face it warlocks deal in poisons and disease damage. Something Qeynos would shun. Haf elf the red headed step child not really elf, not really human to get respect you do damage. Plus witht he half elf racial tracking what could be better for hunting down names then a warlock all loaded up and knows where you are. My cloak of the harvester takes care of safe fall or my arcane storm cloud. I can put on tracking, hide in shadows and you will never know what hit you.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dread Quixadhal Guest

Froglok. They live in a swamp, surrounded by poison and death, from tadpole to old age. Who else could master the arts so easily?