In game Voice Chat not working

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Nickolous, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Nickolous Member

It seems I can not connect to the Voice Chat server. I am using a Razer Headset with Mic plugged into my PC Jacks. This Headset works using Ventrillo and TS and watching movies etc. EQ2VoiceService(32 bit) is running in Windows background processes. Eq2 launces fine and I enter game fine. I can Test the Mic and record a message, that I hear, using playback in game options. I can hear myself in the headset if I talk.

If I select <raid> or <guild> channels from the Voice bar or using the V key to open the Voice Users Window, I see no users in any channels. I also hear no one. The same thing happens if using a private channel. I tested this with Guild Mates.

I have disabled all hardware and software firewalls. I have uninstalled all game .ini and character .ini files, Everquest2.exe, and the vivoxoal.dll, vivoxsdk.dll files, and let the Launcher re-patch these files. I have tried enabling, and disabling Voice. I have logged out and back in many times. It seems to my amateur mind, that I am not connecting to the voice server, maybe due to lacking a permission. I also have forwarded the ports that the EQ2 Support Data base stated needed forwarded, in my Router. But since I have disabled the firewall in my Router when testing this, that does not really need to be done, if I understand things correctly.

I was wondering if maybe the Speedstream (Sagemcom) 4300 DSL Modem that is being used to connect to the ISP (Windstream), at my location does not support (? proper term) VOIP? I am using Linksys WRT6100N v1 router, all connected via Ethernet cable.

I also flushed the dns cache.

My guild uses the in game voice chat when raiding. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh, and yes I sent in a support ticket.

Not seeing a way to attach my MsInfo or DxDiag files here. I did send them in with the Support Ticket though

Please help!
  2. Nickolous Member

I was able to bypass the router today (could not do earlier), and voice chat works in game. So there seems to be some Problem with the Linksys WRT6100Nv1 Router that is preventing me from connecting to the Voice Chat servers. Even is I disable the Firewall in Router set-up, I can not connect to the voice chat servers. Works fine is I connect my PC via Ethernet cable Directly to the modem.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Nickolous Member

I have Voice Chat working now it seems in game. I disabled the SIP ALG and Home Network Defender, in the Linksys Router Administration/Management Tab. I also redid some port forwarding, by moving all the single ports I was forwarding from the Single Port Forwarding tab to the Range Port Forwarding tab, and added the port Range 5000 to 6000 UDP to the rules. I have the Router firewall on now and can chat. Will update with other testing. Putting this information here, in case it may be helpful if others have this problem.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Lowratio Member

Could be you have a very unique situation there. I bought my own cisco home router a year ago and nothing changed from the default.Except for the few times the game has been ddos'd, I have never had troubles getting to the voice server.
  5. Nickolous Member

The Linksys (Cisco now) WRT610N that is in use at my location is an older router. It came out in 2008. I think it was one of the first to have the Network Defender ware built into the router. I think that it simply put, over-defends. I have not tested the exact thing that fixed the problem due to other users always on. I feel it was the defender more than anything that was preventing connection to the EQ2 Voice servers.